Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Metallica!

Options
  • 12-05-2005 9:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭

An article in the irish times has said that metallica might be joining iron maiden and marilyn manson this august in the rds!!

Coolll!!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Who cares?
    They suck.
    Now if it was megadeth.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭Energizer

megadeth would be cool but metallica rule!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭ether

Doubt it very much. They're on vacation and getting ready to write a new album. Anyway they'd have to headline the gig which Maiden are doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

no, what would rule is if Megadeth and Metallica came along and replaced M M - now that would be righteous :)

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

and then the likes of slayer and anthrax and any other thrash band you'd care to mention

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

edson wrote:
    and then the likes of slayer and anthrax and any other thrash band you'd care to mention

you're ideas intrigue me and I would like to subscribe to your newsletter.

That is what we need - some oldschool Metal festivities - like Donnington :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

megadeth and metallica??

lets go one step better rhapsody and manowar!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

mayordenis wrote:
    lets go one step better rhapsody and manowar!

Hell yeah can you image rhapsody playin the rds? We can all dream...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Manowar! *looks for his bear skin loin cloth and axe*

:-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Manowar! *looks for his bear skin loin cloth and axe*

:-D

Dont forget the baby oil... :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

But really, do all men play on ten?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

where in the irish times is this? i cant find it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

I wouldnt mind hearing metal so loud it cracks the beams (of the RDS) played by warriors called the metal kings! :D
    Seriously though, Manowar would be pretty cool, but Megadeth, In FLames, Hammerfall or Blind Guardian would result in orgasmic joy. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

It'd be cool but i really don't see Metallica playing a gig they're not headlining.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭crimsonfire

Bring on the thrash! Anthrax I have only recently gotten into but WOW! This summer better have some good heavy gigs for me to go to. Haven't had a good mosh in ages. Apart from a month ago when me and my mate were drunk and decided to start knocking the living snot out of each other to slayer. I nearly broke a rib. Good times, good times.

*picks up baseball bat and promptly jumps out window frothing at the mouth*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

superconor wrote:
    I wouldnt mind hearing metal so loud it cracks the beams (of the RDS) played by warriors called the metal kings! :D
    Seriously though, Manowar would be pretty cool, but Megadeth, In FLames, Hammerfall or Blind Guardian would result in orgasmic joy. Seriously.

Hammerfall and Blind Guardian playing ireland is something we will not see in our lifetimes anyway :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

It's last Wednesday's Irish Times. In the gigs/events feature, or something.

Maybe it's all a cunning ploy on the organiser's behalf. They chose not to reveal the fact that Metallica are playing so that the place wouldn't be swamped by mini-metallers, and put Maiden as headliners to attract old-school metal heads only, thus creating a better environment, audience reception etc.

On the other hand, maybe not.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not likely. I'm pretty sure Metallica aren't going to play a show they're not headlining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Hammerfall and Blind Guardian playing ireland is something we will not see in our lifetimes anyway

I know that is the sad part. I was hoping to get to Bloodstock to see Hammerfall but i am not allowed :( which was a kick in the balls.

Arent In Flames supporting Iron Maiden in Sweden? That would be amazing. But seriously, why are they not taking Dragonforce over, i mean Dragonforce are only over the water!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Nah, realistically lads this would never happen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

But really, do all men play on ten?? :D

Yes.

Unless they go up to eleven... :)

Picked up Fighting The World recently. Madness. I would love to see Manowar some day...

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

don't really need to see metallica again! plus iron maidon are the band i despise most in the world.marilyn is quite good didn't like him till i gave him a fair chance and gettin the albums....mmm....smells like children

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I would love it if they kicked Manson off the line up and replaced them with Slayer/Megadeth/Iced Earth and had In Flames/Sentenced/CoB supporting.

/me drools.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Interesting. I mean Metallica might be trying a new comeback, in the sense that by appearing third on the bill, it might make them look like a lesser band and they may be trying to attract their underground following again. I mean, be honest, after that terrible St Anger album, the only thing left for metallica is to start themselves from the ground up as an underground kinda thing. staying in the mainstream would just **** the band up even more....makes sense when u think about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Drevin Fairy

Wait, i heard that Mastodon are supporting them in the summer, on all the American dates and some of the european ones too
    Anyone else hear that???
    Mastodon....drool

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Metallica
    August 31
    RDS Arena, Dublin
    A big metal day out here - also
    on the bill are the reformed Iron
    Maiden and Marilyn Manson. Best
    dress in black. EUR65

http://www.ireland.com/newspaper/features/2005/0511/1181200145ATBOYD.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Link says I have to suscribe...

Can't you just paste it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Iron Maiden never broke up... /Confused

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

well Iron Maiden did break up, kinda, if you think about it. i mean bruce dickinson went off there for a while and....wait, iron maiden have only had one solid member since 1973! thats bassist steve.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

So did they actually take gullible out of the dictionary or what?

Advertisement