Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Eircom

• 12-05-2005 9:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭

Hi All,

What do i need to do to configure my netopia router (the wireless one 3347 i think) to allow VPN access.

i installed the VPN client but when i connect to my job's network (appears to connect OK), i can't get web or browse the network.

I tried setting IP Passthrough but this didn't work.

Cheers...

On Eircom Home Starter.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭cousin_borat

I'm not sure how your VPN connection is set up. Have look in your network connections. If you can see the VPN connection then try this:

Right click on the VPN connection and go to properties.

Go to Networking Tab and highlight Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) from the list

Click the properties and then the Advanced button on the Window that opens

On the General Tab you need to uncheck the "Use default gateway on remote network" option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

I Can see the connection alright.

I'll try that when i get home.

Do i need to set that IP Passthrough business on?

Don't worry about that for now. If you're esablishing the VPN connection then you don't need to worry about that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You need to activate NAT Transparency in your VPN client, Just do a search for NAT in the documentation of your VPN software for details.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭Sneaky_Russian

cousin_borat was closest.

i just went in and enabled DHCP for the IP and DNS addresses on the VPN connection

Rock and Roll

Now i can work from home........wait a minute.....d'oh

thanks for the help.

• Advertisement

Exactly, your boss knowing you can log into the office from home. Not always a good thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 105 ✭✭nutzboutstuff

What vpn client are you using, i take it its ipsec? Cisco? Netgear? ZyNET????
    I've had experience with nearly all of these, set up and administor the ipsec vpn in the company i work for...
    Can you tell the ip ranges and what a ipconfig /all shows when the vpn is connected, also do a route print and post that too...
    Hopefully i can help...

Advertisement