Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opions on these areas in Clondalkin please

Options
  • 12-05-2005 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭

Folks,

I'm thinking of buying a house in the clondalkin area and would appreciate some feedback on the following areas:
    1. Castlegrange (Grange View)
    2. Wheatfield.
    3. Cherrywood.

Myself and partner do intend on "cruising" the areas in the evening(s) to have a good look about but TBH we wouldn't get a proper feel for the area, not like someone who has lived there/experienced it first hand would.

Any input would be helpful.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

1. Castlegrange (Grange View)
    Nice new houses, cardboard walls, kinda on outskirts in a new heavily built up area. No car and your buggered.
    2. Wheatfield.
    Border of neilstown M50 is your neighbour, nice quiet estate mostly rented houses. Public park facing most of the houses so scenic , just you have to go to tru heart of Neilstown to get to it ie past Finches pub. Liffey Valley 5 mins walk from there.

3. Cherrywood.
    Rented houses mostly Corkaigh park next door which is nice, Bawnogue on other side. Walking distance from Village.

3 not bad areas my order of preference by area (not house dunno what you buying)
    Cherrywood
    Grange View
    Wheatfield

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Darkwing Duck

Out of the three I'd rate them as Grange View on top, then Cherrywood then Wheatfield.
    As with all places you get your good and bad, but this being Clondalkin we do seem to get a bit more than our fair share ;)
    I can't remember off hand what the house prices are like up around those places at the moment, but Grange View is supposedly reasonable enough, its a big area and fairly new so its still finding its personality if you know what I mean, but on the whole if I was picking one thats where I'd go.

Buses are pretty good, once your out before say 8 in the morning, but if your driving and leaving anytime after that your in a major disaster area for traffic (Newlands cross and M50 being right up close)

Hope thats some sort of help

Advertisement