Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Whats up with blogs.ie?

• 12-05-2005 9:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭

Anyone here with blogs.ie?

Since Monday it has been behaving very strangely. When you try to login to manage the site in IE, IE acts as though you are about to download a file. Sometimes when you try to load the blog in IE the same happens.

Using Mozilla Firefox, I have been able to access, manage and view my blog, but today even that does not work.

I have tried other blogs.ie domains in both IE and MF (including www.blogs.ie and janine.blogs.ie) and it appears now that the whole freaking thing has collapsed.

I did post a request for support on this last Monday, no response. Something tells me the whole thing co-incided with the new version release of WordPress on the same day, but I am not nearly techie enough to know how this might be (I am strictly a press-and-publish man).

Any info? I am starting to get concerned as not only have I put a LOT of work into the blog, it is also the de facto website for a club I am involved with - I don't want to look stupid changing the domain, etc, etc.

Help ... Please!

PS I have just discovered that 'Blogsome' is down - Blogsome is the global version of blogs.ie. the following note appears on their website:

"Sorry, Blogsome is currently experiencing problems. Signing up currently isn't working, and neither is posting or viewing blogs. We're working on the problem and hope to have the site back up and running soon. "

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

The blogs.ie websites are now loading and displaying the following message:

The site is currently down. After a failed software upgrade at around 11:00 GMT, April 11th, our webserver developed problems, and some of our websites have not been functional since.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this causes to users, and we're working on having the site back up as quickly as possible. Please bear with us as we work on the problem.

Well, thats something.

Now, if I could just shake the niggling feeling that I posted this information up for no one else's notice except my own ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

I don't know what's wrong - I noticed blogsome was down earlier when POTB couldn't update some blogs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭Genghis

OK, so the major issues of the week appear to be now sorted. (My blog is viewable in some circumstances, which is better than in 'no circumstances').

However, the problems I mentioned in my earlier post still exist:

1. When opening the blog in IE, IE appears to think it is downloading a file, not a page. This is happening not just with my blogs.ie blog, but with others too. Any idea what the conflict might be?

2. After refreshing 2-3 times, IE finally 'cops on' and loads the page. However, try to load another page within the blog (select a previous post, for example), and it runs into the same difficulty.

3. No matter how hard I try, I cannot login to the website using IE at all - even multiple refreshes fail here.

It is worthwhile, and maybe instructive to point out that none of the problems above happen with Mozilla Firefox.

Unfortunately, practically none of my readers have Firefox.

Advertisement