Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indonesian Ingredients?

• 12-05-2005 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi All,

I'm brand new to boards - hello, nice to see you, looking good, have you been working out etc.

I am looking for somewhere that sells Indonesian dry goods - candle nuts, galannga, andn other things I wouldn't recognise in person.

I'll try the chinese market near George's Street tonight anyway, but if anyone knows of *a sure thing* Indonesian-ingredients-wise, I'd appreciate some advice.

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Places like Oriental Emporium are definitely your best bet for that sort of thing. I think there could be a Chinese shop in Moore Street too, and there's a Filipino shop (Alto Food) in Middle Abbey Street. Wouldn't know for definite if they'd have Indonesian ingredients though.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭acorntoast

Oooh thanks RainbowKirby. Didn't know of the place in middle abbey street - will check it out. Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭Magic Monkey

There's also another Eastern shop (not sure if they do Indonesian, but they have a variety) on Mary Street, on the right as you're coming down from Henry Street. As Rainbow Kirby said, Moore Street would be a very good bet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Khalim

well i dunno about the ingredients for indonesian food, but for malaysian ingredients i usually look around the following:

Oriental Emporium (Abbey Street or Georges Street) - mostly leaning towards chinese/oriental foodstuffs - imported vegetables such as chinese kai lan, and used to have specialty Japanese chocolate (such as Pocky)

Asia Food Co. (am not sure what the name of the street is...will look up) - product range leaning towards Indian spices and products, but stock some Oriental sauces although not as much selection as Oriental Emporium.

Asia Market (Drury Street) - Similar stock as Oriental Emporium, recently renovated...should have a greater selection

I havent been to Alto Food on Abbey Street so can't comment.

Advertisement