Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

sorry, just realised I should get permission before advertising a group

Options
  • 12-05-2005 11:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

sorry, just realised I should get permission before advertising a group

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Okay here's the thing.

The rule (in the [thread=74127]Charter[/thread], which you of course read, since not reading the rules is against the rules and I will ban for it) says:
    Talliesin wrote:
    If you want to see an event or similar announced contact Talliesin or Thaed with the appropriate details. Advertising of any kind is strictly prohibited without prior consent.
    That rule is there for a reason. On the one hand we do want to help the people find out about groups, events, even (though I'd take some convincing) goods and services that would be of interest to them.
    On the other hand if we don't have the moderators acting as gate-keeper for this sort of thing it could quickly turn into a Spam-fest.

I even put in links to make PMing one of us a one-click operation.

The above post is one I probably would have posted without much hesitation (I haven't heard much about the Cork moots, but I have heard that they exist and without any horror tales along with that I'd be happy enough to post about it) so I'm going to let it stand.

The next unauthorised announcement, no matter how reasonable, I will come down on like a tonne of bricks. Broken bricks with sharp pointy edges at that.

I don't want to be a bollocks about this, but making exceptions to the rules can lead to bad stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Heh. Looks like PaulinCork editted the announcement the same time I was giving out about it.

contented edited for being inflamatory this forum is not in competition with any other forums

:( I thought it was clear that I was joking

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement