Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Striker?

Options
  • 12-05-2005 12:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭

I play on the X-box, When online, internationally ill either go spain or holland, club to many, Ac milan, man utd, inter,juve, munich, sometimes Real mad but not often, and out of them all the best striker as to be Shevchenko, hes got great speed, great header, hits the ball superbly, and they way he can turn defenders wins games. I must say tho owen is quailty as well. Dissapointed with makaay tho.

Whos ur fav Striker and why?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Shevchenko is prolly the best all rounder. I rarely use the 1337 players though, random teams or low skilled players seem more rewarding to me.

Anyone can score with Shevchenko

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Danger_Dave

I Agree, when im playn mates, or my bro random all they way, btw nigeria vs mexico good combo for high scoring matches :) ,

but when i play online i like playing with quality, and when ur goin up against quality defenses it aint always easy.but thats me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Is there any way to fill a team with completely random players each time you play an exhibition? y'know, like you used to be able to do in PES2 with allstar world vs allstar europe?

I think being given a totally random allotment of players and trying to fit them together and make the most of them is the most fun :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Henry and Ronaldo are really good also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Johnson

Don't know why, but players like Shevchenko, Raul and Henry just don't do the business for me. Probably the way I play, but fast players like Owen and Martins do the business for me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 phil me up

best striker are u mad guys it has to be jim larkin 1916

• Registered Users Posts: 23 proevmaster

While Shevvy's the obvious choice I always seem to run riot with Robbie Keane.
    Maybe its just to see his celebration afterwards.

Ive suddenly remembered the laughable attempt at his celebration in Pro ev 2 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

adriano - can keep the ball for hours at a time
    van nistelrooy - ALWAYS scores

• Registered Users Posts: 26,560 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Crespo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Recoba, man's a beast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

playing with a **** team is the way to go, the strikers are so bad at shooting, theyre good. it dosent go where u aim it but ends up being an amazing goal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

Wayne Rooney. Get him at the very start of the game and play him in as many matches as you can, especially the cup mathces. After about 3 years, he's the best player in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

Van Nistelrooy

Always Scores For Me Too

• Registered Users Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭Big Ears

yermandan wrote:
    Van Nistelrooy

Always Scores For Me Too

He hasn't got the pace of a Shevshenko , Henry , Martins , Ronaldo or an Owen though and although he's a very good finnisher its harder to unlock good defenses with him because of his lack of speed .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

For me the partnership of Ronaldo and Robinho is devastating.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Pace is very important in this game, as is balance, thus the best striker for me by an absolute mile is Ronaldo!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

OTliddy wrote:
    Wayne Rooney. Get him at the very start of the game and play him in as many matches as you can, especially the cup mathces. After about 3 years, he's the best player in the game
    gotta agree here.
    I'm on a 6* master League... Needed to bolster up the team in the 2nd year in the top league, so brought in some new players and Rooney was one of them.
    I played Arsenal in the first match, and Rooney could just steam through the defence (amazing control and balance) and his shot power is awesome... just blasted a few in top corners from running with the ball (usually have to hit first-timers to get such power).
    Odd though, as his stats dont reflect what a great player he "plays" as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭the tipster

maybe he is not a striker but i play him up front papa diop aka [the wardrobe] wins every header

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

It pains me to say it cause I hate him in real life but Shearer is quite the finisher and wins every header.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Easily Adriano. All the way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

Ye might laugh but as i nearly always play with liverpool Djibril Cisse has served me well. Great turn of pace, forever winning me peno's and a class finisher. I think a lot of the time ya just have to know how to play with certain players and (obviously) use their strengths! Cisse having great pace and a fair bit of strength as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Recoba, man's a beast.
    Quoted for truth!

Having himself and Adriano and Martins in the same team = win.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Ah now I play with Liverpool quite a bit too, but Cisse has such a bad touch its unbelieveable. Baros is my main striker as Liverpool, thoug he wont even be there next PES :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Ronaldo. Walks through every defence and has amazing finishing. Just like real life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

Definitely not the best, but a striker I have great admiration for in the game is Emile Mpenza.

I had him in my master league team and he's fast, strong, can shoot from any angle (the amount of times i've been running parallel to the goalmouth, just outside the box and take a potshot that goes in.. it's crazy), and wins a penalty every second match.
    He's also got just the right amount of control and agility... I dunno, player's with superb dribbling are great, but for some reason players with slightly lower dribbling are good in a different sort of way, it seems as though them touching the ball slightly less often results in the defenders getting slightly more confused. especially when they have good speed and can kinda bat the ball past players. I dunno, hard to explain :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭shuushh

always love playing with shevchenko

ronaldiniho has ridiculous dribbling skills

Advertisement