Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speedtouch/ZyXEL Linux drivers

Options
  • 12-05-2005 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Im relatively new to the whole linux scene, ive used it a bit but never really gone in depth but hope to in the future, basically what i wanted to do was be able to maximise the speed of my auld PIII 800 and thought that linux was the way to go. Sadly i discovered that theres no USB support for my gammy zyxel 630 (ye know the wimpy little blue thing with usb only) i know theres an open source project on sourceforge that was attempting to come up with a solution but has anyone done this on their own machine? do i need to recompile the kernel with the drivers active/included? if so then how exactly is this done? any help on this would be really appreciated
    PS im using xandros 3.0 are there any other distributions that anyone would reccomend that would be better suited to my needs?

Thanks again

Al

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭srikiran

What Broadband have you got? Esat BT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 gary h

i could not get that usb adsl piece of crap working in linux so I picked up a cheap adsl ethernet router off the web, worked no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

gary h wrote:
    i could not get that usb adsl piece of crap working in linux so I picked up a cheap adsl ethernet router off the web, worked no problem.

I also could not get the 630 working under linux. If your on the Esat Bt/Iol BB Plus package you are entitled to a USB/Ethernet router.

We upgraded to the Plus when we got the option but never got the router.

Ring up customer srvice tell them you never got your free dual USB/Ethernet router. You'll have it in under 10 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

FYI there is a Unix forum, which covers Linux. It's in Comp > Operating System > Unix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 703 ✭✭✭SolarNexus

Speedtouch modems have a linux driver which can be downloaded from the manufacturers website, takes a bit of searching but its there, unsupported, but its there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭tomk

This guy has done it. I didn't bother myself, but I have used the driver - it's included in IPCop.

Advertisement