Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Argh Stereophonics

Options
  • 12-05-2005 1:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭

Does the new(ish) Stereophonics song annoy anyone else?

What is with Stereophonics? Its like they're the 'rock' band that its ok for 98fm / FM104 and all the other stations aimed at the cloth-eared general public to play. They are so middle of the road its almost painful.

"Wake up call coffee and juice. What happened to you?"

Please no more songs about your hotel lifestyle Mr Raspy-Voiced Welsh Midget.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

they lost it after they found the FX pedal in my opinion...

long live the acoustic guitar

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I think its a good enough song, and its production is great, there are sounds in there I have never heard before!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭magpie

Its hardly Brian Eno. Its the usual Stereophonics dirge with an arpeggiator banging away in the background.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

VeVeX wrote:
    they lost it after they found the FX pedal in my opinion...
    They ever had "it"?
    They are so middle of the road its almost painful.
    I've been saying the same for years :[

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭marshmallow

Dakota? I think it's a good song, heard better work from them but still a good song.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

I think Word Gets Round and Performence and Cocktails were full of quality tracks. I can count on one hand the decent tacks on all the albums since then!

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

VeVeX wrote:
    I think Word Gets Round and Performence and Cocktails were full of quality tracks. I can count on one hand the decent tacks on all the albums since then!

Yeah its strange, its as if fame changed Kelly. I love the way all the songs on WGA are just about stuff that used to happen to them and people they knew.

Then on JEEP there was stuff like that awful song that talked about all the famous people!terrible stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

I'm not a big fan, I like stuff of the first two albums (JEEP stank in my opinion), but I really like the new song, its simple but I think it works

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭T.G Catter

they are so middle of the road they're bollards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

VeVeX wrote:

Totally agree.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

i'm a massive fan of the phonics and I have to say Superman is a good song,.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

magpie wrote:
    They are so middle of the road its almost painful.

Pity this "road" isn't the M50. No time for them whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Sleepy Music,

First album was good, second was ok, and the rest are the same crappy sound, poor lyrics etc.

Advertisement