Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Front of my bike making horrible squeaking noises

Options
  • 12-05-2005 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I think its wrongly alligned brake pads, but could be wrong. It doesn't actually affect the performance of the bike at all, its just annoying. Any suggestions??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Is this happening when you are breaking ?? or all the time ?

Is it the same when you slowly wheel the bike ?

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

When I wheel the bike backwards and forwards it happens. Also happens when going between 60 - 100 kmh. Thing is, it doesn't happen all the time though, only sometimes. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I wouldn't drive this at the moment if I was you. It could be a couple of things , the front wheel might be loose, brake pads might be worn down and rubbing or your disc could be warped.

Get a freind who know's about this type of thing to look at it for you before you take it to a mechanic. I nearly got stung by a garage recently with the same problem and it was just a loose wheel nut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

After driving for a while have a quick feel of your front disk, if it's feeling hot then you know it's either new brake pads you need or maybe the caliper has seized up a little. if that's not what it is then it's probably the wheel, either way don't plan any long journeys until it's all sorted out.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the replys. I'll get my mate to look at it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

If you hear squealing from behind you on the bike, stop immediately and tell her to get off and make her own way home. Works for me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Phryxus

a_ominous wrote:
    If you hear squealing from behind you on the bike, stop immediately and tell her to get off and make her own way home. Works for me :D

a swift elbow is usually quicker

Advertisement