Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ecksor Banned Me From Irc???

Options
  • 12-05-2005 1:52pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭

Ok so I dont know where else to go here....here I was talking to the few people that were on Irc when i get home from work and I asked a question about bubbles and got banned by ecksor!
    I mean, come on ME? Banned?
    what did I ever do?
    I was having a discussion with syxpak about his job and bubbles was on so I am not going to ignore him,
    he got banned shortly and then when I asked about it I got banned?

does that seem fair?

Just because the admins have something against this guy, what I dont know, doesnt mean I have to ignore him when he is on.
    And to merely ask a question about him and get banned is quite another Jar if you ask me.

Was that fair I ask you?

PLease unban me, now I could have said a lot of other things but I will keep it civil.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Doesnt matter if its fair or not, hardly a democracy is it.

The boards.ie IRC channel isn't governed by the boards.ie website.

That said if ecksor banned you from it, it would be lifted in 24hrs or less I'd say.

He's very reasonable.

At the end of the day, who really cares?

#boards.ie became a spamfest of noobs after 2003

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What did you ask/say?

There's a lot of history with Bubbles, I'd suggest reading the wiki/biki, or asking DeV about it if he has time, but it's not really as simple as "Just because the admins have something against this guy, what I dont know".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,945 ✭✭✭BEAT

well I dont know how it works or who is in charge, but if there is a rule that you cant ask a question about someone or you get banned perhaps it should be in the header topic, i mean come on.
    I never had a problem with ecksor before.

koneko wrote:
    What did you ask/say?

There's a lot of history with Bubbles, I'd suggest reading the wiki/biki, or asking DeV about it if he has time, but it's not really as simple as "Just because the admins have something against this guy, what I dont know".

I simply asked how many scooby snacks would it take to let bubbles back in because I need a laugh. :D pretty harmless question I'd say.

Let bubbles back in?

After all the years of ****e that's gone I'm not surprised they didn't take a liking to that question.

In any case, boards irc channel is essentially unrelated to www.boards.ie, so you'd need to ask the ops or ecksor himself.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

ahhh see I didnt know that, I thought it was related to boards somehow...dont know how to ask ops or anyone since I was banned from the channel.
    thanks for that though...on a side note I dont know the history of Bubbles, he was before my time I think. All I know about him in my un-biassed view, is that he is someone I met on IRC and always provides a good laugh so I chat to him like I do everyone else on that channel. I dislike the telling people to *ignore* other people thing, seems strange to me.

thanks for the link feyla, I didnt know about that :)

Then I'd suggest reading up on it, some of it should be up on the wiki. It's pretty much the case that Bubbles has blown every chance he's had with the admins, and they don't want him to come back every again, so suggestions "ah gwan let him back!" isn't exactly going to get you in their good books :p

It's not like they decided one day they didn't like him and to ban him, there's a lot more to it, but I'm sure others are better off filling in as I don't know all the gorey details myself (not as many anyway).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

LATIN BEAT wrote:
    I simply asked how many scooby snacks would it take to let bubbles back in because I need a laugh. :D pretty harmless question I'd say.
    Maybe he was high and you caused a case of the munchies...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Calling ecksor a dog and mentioning doggy treats to bribe him, to allow bubbles to come back in, was not fair though.

• Advertisement

damien.m wrote:
    Calling ecksor a dog and mentioning doggy treats to bribe him, to allow bubbles to come back in, was not fair though.
    you are out of line, I never once called him a dog.
    If you think because I use 'scooby snacks' that is a reference to calling him a dog then you are wrong, see you cant interpret something that isnt there. Scooby snacks could mean something else entirley ...anyway, I think the ban has been lifted so this thread should prob be locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Holy $hit - I'd heard that Bubbles was persona non gratis but I've just read the Biki. What a ****er!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

Macros42 wrote:
    Holy $hit - I'd heard that Bubbles was persona non gratis but I've just read the Biki. What a ****er!

there are one or two other things not in the biki, that reinforce the point

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

the quakenet irc server is run by Ronin, Regi, Ecksor and a fwe others I think. I dont know but I know that I have no control over it. I think your argument is with Ecksor, better to ask him (politely).

DeV.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement