Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Murphys promotion when pints were 1.50

Options
  • 12-05-2005 1:52pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭

When I was in first or second year there used to be only the Stables (... hence the excuse of being drinking in there)... and usually Murphys was only 1.50 (Irish punts).... so if you went out with a tenner you could get 6 pints and still have a pound left over for a block of cheese and a sliced pan the next morning.

Anyone remember this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

yeah, a lot of things changed since then... ill always treasure my rag week 1993 tshirt (handed down to me!) that was sponsored by budweiser. it said "rag week, the best reason in the world to drink beer" *dreamy smile as she remembers the good old days* :p

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭John2002

I remember that. They also did pints of Foster's for £1.50. It was nice to go out and have 6 pints and still have change of a tenner even if Foster's is muck :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Was in dublin town few weeks back - €4.70 for a pint of crap heineken

Fosters is still 2.90 in the scholars

How times change

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

1.30 for a pint of beamish in the hurlers in 1993.....all u had to make sure was you werent short changed behind the bar!!!!!....they were terrors for shortchanging students in the back bar of the hurlers..

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭SAXA

Back in the real Stables too. Not the crappy one that is there now. No character. Nothing better then getting lost for a day in one of the corners of the old stables drinking 1.50 pint of Murphys. Oh the good auld days. Also the smell of drink that used to waft out of the stables. Twould lure anyone in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭invincibleirish

SAXA wrote:
    Also the smell of drink that used to waft out of the stables. Twould lure anyone in.

these days its the smell of vomit that keep people out.

Advertisement