Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

new guitar superstore?

• 12-05-2005 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭

apparently theres gonna be a huge guitar superstore opening on the M50 with the same prices as thomann... any1 know anything about it?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

There's already an Irish version of Thomann but of course, I can't remember the name of it. They've no online price list so you have to phone them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Is there really? That's funny.... :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 309 ✭✭kazaam

fey, can u collect from these ppl or is it delivery and credit card only

U and ppl aren't words.

And I'm not sure. Let me go find the number and you can call them yourself.

Do you mean that Music Store Koeln representative down in Cork or somewhere?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Cormac at Music Technology Ireland... I have the number here somewhere

http://www.musictechnology.ie/

Ding. Knew Doc would know it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

from what i remember of them, their price arnt as good as thomanns by a long way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Dunno, I had them pricing bass cabs a while back and their prices were pretty much bang on compared to Thomann and Musicstore.

Apart from the contact information, that website redefines uselessness...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

yeah, the bloke orders em from Thomann and adds on a few quid. its fairly handy though cause some stuff he has in stock i think so you dont have to wait on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ediz

Seems unlikely they'd be able to match thomann web prices with the cost of the property and the lack of decently priced local competition spurring them on,but hey maybe we'll get lucky. Personally I think it'd be brilliant if it happened, i'd love to get the thomann prices and actually be able to play the exact single piece of kit i'm paying for.

I'm surprised there isn't some government grant thingy to set up a shop to compete with online stores. Open a big warehouse out in the country, stock it full of stuff, start a website and your sorted.... in theory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Gandolf

i've brought a few things from music tech. When i questioned how his pricing was bang on the same as thomanns (shipped) he confirmed that's basically how he prices his gear. You pick it up from him down on North Lotts behind bachelors walk on the north side. Takes around 2 weeks to get the stuff in.

and i dont think he has anything in stock at all...he works out of a tiny upstairs office with ordered gear mountainous all around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Gandolf wrote:
    with ordered gear mountainous all around him

You must be a poet ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Mikky04

Whereabouts on the M50?

You must be a poet ;)

LOL :D

haha.. nah i'd just been looking outside at the dublin mountains all day

Advertisement