Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

061 area - f_ucked?

• 12-05-2005 3:03pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭

According to BT the 061 area is effected by speed problems, speed???..speed?????, LOL...what speed?

There is NO data movement at ALL, dead as a f_ucking dodo here. It's the same pig s_hit scenario once again with Eircom BT or anyone else involved in this JOKE called broadband. 2MB line????.....lol, i'll be luckily to download a webpage in 20 minutes the way things are.

And no end in sight, no compensation from BT according to muppets over at customer care, tech support are none the wiser, not me gov, nobody has a clue and nobody cares.

F_uck the end user, you're Irish and should be used to getting shafted and paying for services that would put a bananna republic to shame.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When I called BT tech support they were well aware of the problem, but couldn't do much about it as it's a problem in Eircom's exchange. This may just be passing the buck and doesn't help us but still they weren't clueless about it. The guy even directed me towards www.irishisptest.com/myspeed, to check my connection speed, which I was already at but at least he knew about it.

All we can do is wait I suppose :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I hate this idea of passing the buck, you can't get a straight answer from anyone. Eircom blame BT and vice versa. My logic is we shouldn't have to wait at all. There should be backups and plans in place for any hardware or software failures, an outtage of a few hours i could appreciate, but not two solid days.

And it's not like things just happened all of a sudden, it's be a cumlative and progressive problem ever since April 2nd. Meaning since the upgrade the service gets worse on a daily basis.

To make things worse we have no course of action to either complain, seek compensation or switch to an alternative service, ComReg have no powers either. I just called them and they have zero power over a commercial company and setting minumum service standards.

How can Eircom get away with T&C that they can change on a whim, they guarnatee nothing to the consumer except to debit your bank account every two months.

Roll reversal, if i was not to guarantee i had funds every two months you can be damn sure i would be cut off, yet they can't guarantee me a reliable and consistent service?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I toyed witht he idea of breaking off the other thread and starting a new on based around Limerick or even just the Roches ST. exchange but you have saved me from trying to work out if the mods would appriciate it .

After talking to the Eircom support guys over the last two days it seems they have a problem in the roches st. exchange which they are working to fix . Having said that there seems to be problems elsewhere in Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

Best we can all do is ask everyone to call for updates as often as possible. Ask to speak with a superviser/manager. These issues normally progress a little quicker with some polite persistence. I'm currently working in a call centre BTW.

Number is 1890 260 260 - IVR Option 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

It must be a ****ing major problem if they still haven't got it fixed in 2 days... this is a big area and a lot of broadband users that are concerned. not even an announcement from eircom acknowledging the fault. it's ridiculous

I've had dealing with them to do with roches st. exchange before, it took 9 weeks for them to get an engineer to even do a line test there when I got my line installed first. They're not exactly ever in a hurry down there

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭moshpit77

not sure if this has anything to so with it, from the eircom broadband tecnical support page:

Friday 13th May 2005 at 00.30AM

eircom broadband upgrade -- possible disruption to your broadband service

We will be upgrading our Broadband service on Friday 13th May 2005. If you are an eircom broadband customer and live in the Limerick areas below, you may experience a short disruption.

Friday 13th May 2005
    4hr disruption to your broadband service starting at 0030hrs.

Naas, Caherdavin, Castletroy, Ennis, Listowel, Nenagh, Shannon Airport, Killarney, Dooradoyle, Limerick, Shannon Town, Tralee, Athy, Carlow, Newbridge, Portlaoise, Tullamore, Athlunkard, Crossagalla, Kildare, Thurles and Tipperary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

- Bet they waited until Friday 13th.....I'm in one of the areas, however my issue happened on Tuesday last - 10/05/05........Tuesday has been mentioned now from a few different sources. So some €ircon engineer sat on something he shouldn't have sometime then.

Give them a call, be friendly, stay on the line chatting as long as you can and then ask to speak with a supervisor/Manager. They're the guys who can get this escalated. Would prob. mean the difference between a one day fix and sometime next week.....

Yep, no communication of any kind, under any circumstances, but they have no problem sending you a 29 page bill in a nice blue envelope bi-monthly or monthly if you should prefer.

Ever notice how their Sales line has 900 agents and a 2 sec. wait, Support line has two guys sitting on a crate in the basement sharing a phone.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭mimix

moshpit77 wrote:
    not sure if this has anything to so with it, from the eircom broadband tecnical support page:

Friday 13th May 2005 at 00.30AM

eircom broadband upgrade -- possible disruption to your broadband service

We will be upgrading our Broadband service on Friday 13th May 2005. If you are an eircom broadband customer and live in the Limerick areas below, you may experience a short disruption.

Friday 13th May 2005
    4hr disruption to your broadband service starting at 0030hrs.

Naas, Caherdavin, Castletroy, Ennis, Listowel, Nenagh, Shannon Airport, Killarney, Dooradoyle, Limerick, Shannon Town, Tralee, Athy, Carlow, Newbridge, Portlaoise, Tullamore, Athlunkard, Crossagalla, Kildare, Thurles and Tipperary.

Just spoke to Eircom Tech support (Cheeky as i am on BT) they told me there will be hardware upgrades tonight starting at 18:00 for a few hours during which time we completly loose our connections.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭RapierX

Its been happening since Wednesday morning, or at least thats when i first noticed it. Everything was fine at around 6.30pm last night till well after midnight
    when it went balls up again, twas f\/cked when i got up this morning and still is now. Maybe they should use the millions they earn from line rental to go on a field trip to a country like Holland for example, where they can actually implement a broadband infrastructure. Scandalous - only in Ireland.

Raiser wrote:

Ever notice how their Sales line has 900 agents and a 2 sec. wait, Support line has two guys sitting on a crate in the basement sharing a phone.....

Phoned them 4 times in the last two days , phone was answered imediately and by 4 different ppl , Jason , Sean , Can't remember :o and James .

The times they are suggesting would mean it will be done tonight ?

Also , someone in the exchange this morning , sat on something , or stuck their finger in something or spilled their tea on something because the speeds were the fastest I have ever seen them . Obviously this person was sacked at 10-0-clock as it has been less than 56k since . So I am proposing we here in Boards start a petition to get this "nameless" person reinstated quickly before they forgot what it was that they did but weren't supposed to do .

All in favour say "what are ya having yourself?" and put their hands in their pockets .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭Kramer

As I said on another thread, I'm on Caherdavin exchange & since yesterday, it's been abysimal. Currently running at 40/50kb/s, less than 56k dial-up.

So it's a Limerick issue, not just Roches St. exchange.

I'm not best pleased :mad:

I'm on the phone to UTV support as I type.........20 mins on hold & counting....... :mad:

I bet I won't be any better off if they ever answer the call but I'm going to give them a piece of my mind anyway.

Will post what they say shortly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 313 ✭✭irishshogun

I'm in Limerick and my lines OK?, bitcomet dies a death too bloody often and I've got to relaod it but I can do straight DLs at normal speeds, a friend in Carew Park line is f**ked tho, maybe I'm on a different exchange?? I'm in Rhebogue. funny thing is my DU meter says I'm not movin data up or down, and yesterday the webpages wouldnt load for a while but I could still use MSN messenger..kinda screwy.

I'm in Limerick and my lines OK?, bitcomet dies a death too bloody often and I've got to relaod it but I can do straight DLs at normal speeds, a friend in Carew Park line is f**ked tho, maybe I'm on a different exchange?? I'm in Rhebogue. funny thing is my DU meter says I'm not movin data up or down, and yesterday the webpages wouldnt load for a while but I could still use MSN messenger..kinda screwy.

Just so we all keep like with like run this and let us know.

http://www.irishisptest.com/myspeed/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

well having 2 061 numbers (limerick) and one being for the isdn they always fail the bb line tests we except the limerick city ones but out here in all other parts of limerick your screwed

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 79 ✭✭strettie

On caherdavin exchange as well encountering same speed problems

irish ISP test showing connection at 84.2kbps !!!!!

I thought I had left these slow speeds behind :mad: :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭incisor71

Caherdavin exchange calling here too - a particularly un-blistering download speed of 73.2kbps - with this dial-up look and feel, I can feel my mind wander back to my Internet experience of, oh.. 1998?

Just called IOL Support and they, as I had cynically predicted, held Eircom responsible for our plight, even though I pointed out that the "scheduled" outage had affected us since Tuesday last.... grrrrh.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 turbit

128kb/sec here in Castletroy.....What a joke......Anyone else from Castletroy...

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Digi_Tilmitt

I'm in Castletroy too getting 6KB/s....it's like dialup on a good day

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Jilm

Getting 128kb/s download speed here (IOLBB+ on Roches Street exchange).

Also mailed my application form for Irish Broadband today.

Installation can't come soon enough, so I can get rid of this overpriced second rate service.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 TheToast

Castletroy here. 1.08MBps down and 48kBps up. Pings to google are around 1500ms.

TheToast wrote:
    Castletroy here. 1.08MBps down and 48kBps up. Pings to google are around 1500ms.

Thats a nearly a 10Mb Link who is your provider he he

Dooradoyle exchange back to 512 speed for now, Long way to go to 2Mb

Strike that back down to 300kbps again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

A LONG way from 512, but better then it was earlier today. Getting some 15-20K downstream from Irish websites, still patchy and inconsistent. It's like we've all be pushed onto one pipe.

My modem still shows me connected as 2048/128....yeah right.

Its back !

Back to normal this morning here!! Wonder how long this will last?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Also on the roches street exchange, the connection died completely last night around midnight. back to normal now, thought it was the modem as this is the third one ive gotten from eircom.

had to do a system restore before it worked properly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

aye in Carlow - it died around 12:30am and was for about 40 minutes or so. We weren't experiencing problems mind, but if we have to loose our connection for the greater good i dont mind .... ;)

• Advertisement

C:\Documents and Settings\Jon>ping -t clarity.jolt.co.uk

Pinging clarity.jolt.co.uk [195.149.21.11] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 195.149.21.11:
    Packets: Sent = 44, Received = 44, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
    Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
    Minimum = 31ms, Maximum = 37ms, Average = 33ms

^C
    Seems good here too , only thing is this is the way it was yesterday morning and that only lasted till around 10:30 , so it has still to be tested .

Irishisptest says 858 down 103 up .

John
    Eircom home started , Roches st. exchange .

Advertisement