Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest. Easy to get to?

• 12-05-2005 3:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

I have an interview tomorrow in Citywest. I'll be taking the bus from Town.

Does it take long to get there?
    Which bus is the best?
    Is working in Citywest a pain in the arse?

Comments appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

is it for meteor by any chance?

its the back arse of nowhere, a 1 hour 45 min bus journey from the keys (65a i think)

avoid it, its a dive and miles from anywhere, the idustrial estate is nice enough, man made rivers etc. but unless you have a car, i wouldnt recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

WTF... 1 hour 45 by bus??? Holy moly. Are you sure??

It had better be flexitime if they expect me to be getting there on time.

BTW Not Meteor. Something much better than that... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭acorntoast

Don't work in City West - it is too far away, and there is nothing there but offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

ferdi wrote:
    its the back arse of nowhere, a 1 hour 45 min bus journey from the keys (65a i think)
    QUOTE]

It's probably too late for this but it's the 65b not the 65a

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Nidge

trust me, it's in kildare, and so, there is no way it takes 1hr 45mins to get there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

I took your advice and cancelled my interview. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Rafloution

Just for the record i work in citywest and it take 40 mins to get there from the quays.
    There is a private bus service which runs from westmoreland street along the quays through inchicore and down the naas rd straight to citywest. Also it comes back at night and it takes 40 mins in total!!
    I dont understand why some people answer questions they dont know the answers to. :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

dublindude wrote:
    I took your advice and cancelled my interview. Thanks.
    You chose to take a bad piece of advice....

Are you talking from experience ferdi? Because everything you said isn't true...

I work in Citywest and I find no problems getting to it via bus or luas.

50, 65B and 69 Dublin bus go to citywest. Usually takes 45 mins max. In exceptional circumstances up to 1 hour, but that is pretty rare...

I take the private bus from town as well. 35 to 40 mins in the morning...
    dublindude wrote:
    Don't work in City West - it is too far away, and there is nothing there but offices.
    a ha.... isn't that the usual case with industrial estates and business parks!
    There's everything you need there. Cafe, Deli, Shop, ATM and there are a few offices as well... just in case you need to do any work :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 milkandnutella

Hi guys,

I have a question concerning the private bus that goes to citywest. Actually, I've just started a new job in citywest and the HR manager wasn't able to tell me anything about the private bus. :confused:
    I live in city centre and right now I take the 50 that takes almost an hour to get there. so it's a little bit of a pain in the you know what :D
    Anyway, can you tell me what is the company which operates this nice private bus, what are the schedules, how long does it take and from where and how much does it cost?

thanks a million!

milk and nutella

Hi guys,

I have a question concerning the private bus that goes to citywest. Actually, I've just started a new job in citywest and the HR manager wasn't able to tell me anything about the private bus. :confused:
    I live in city centre and right now I take the 50 that takes almost an hour to get there. so it's a little bit of a pain in the you know what :D
    Anyway, can you tell me what is the company which operates this nice private bus, what are the schedules, how long does it take and from where and how much does it cost?

thanks a million!

milk and nutella

The company is Bartons.

Bus leaves Westmoreland st and 8.05 AM from outside a thai restaurant... 'the something orchard' i think its called. Its just at the corner of fleet st and westmoreland st.

Cost is €2 each way.

Return buses from Citywest to City Centre at 16.30 and 17.30 in the evenings.

The travel time is about 35 -> 40 mins in the morning and up to 1 hour in the evening.

The bus leaving the city centre goes up the south quays and makes a few stops along there at various bus stops.

When the bus gets to citywest it goes around the estate so it should stop/pick you up near enough to your office...

Which company are you with, just as a matter of interest so to know where would be the best place to get on/off for you?

• Advertisement

The company is Bartons.

Bus leaves Westmoreland st and 8.05 AM from outside a thai restaurant... 'the something orchard' i think its called. Its just at the corner of fleet st and westmoreland st.

Cost is €2 each way.

The travel time is about 35 -> 40 mins in the morning and up to 1 hour in the evening.

The bus leaving the city centre goes up the south quays and makes a few stops along there at various bus stops.

When the bus gets to citywest it goes around the estate so it should stop/pick you up near enough to your office...

Which company are you with, just as a matter of interest so to know where would be the best place to get on/off for you?

Which company are you with, just as a matter of interest so to know where would be the best place to get on/off for you?[/QUOTE]

thanks for your answer. I think that the bus should stop in front of my office (Sanofi-Aventis) since there is the dublin buses stop there.
    Last question: I live 5mn from christchurch and wondered whether or not the bus stops near it, somewhere on merchants'quay?

thanks for your answer. I think that the bus should stop in front of my office (Sanofi-Aventis) since there is the dublin buses stop there.
    Yeah it should do alright. It stops at the two main Dublin Bus stops with the shelters on the main road through citywest so you should be fine...
    Last question: I live 5mn from christchurch and wondered whether or not the bus stops near it, somewhere on merchants'quay?
    I live in temple bar just beside the dublin corporation building so I get the bus at the wood quay 'viking boat' stop in the mornings...

The bus usually arrives there at about 8:06 or 8:07... I have it down to a fine art :D

I'll try it tomorrow then!

thx again :)

No bother....

The actual bus is a cream colour single decker bus.

It will have a sign with 'Citywest CL1' on the front...

No bother....

The actual bus is a cream colour single decker bus.

It will have a sign with 'Citywest CL1' on the front...

thanks for the info. i just went to the viking boat station to have a look at it (i'm not from dublin) and then went on the website of the company (circlelinebus.com) but haven't seen any route that may go to citywest. is this a brand new route? according to the website, the CL1 serves the following:
    Route CL1

From: St. S. Raphael's Manor, Celbridge Via Lucan Village
    06:55* 07:10 07:20 07:30 07:45: 08:15 09:45 10:45 11:45 12:45
    15:40 16:49 17:20
    16:05 17:05 17:40 18:10
    Liffey Valley, Palmerstown, Cuty Centre, RDS, Ballsbridge, Nutgrove Shopping Centre
    * O'Connell Street, Westmoreland Street only

Anyway, I'll give a try tomorrow. thanks for your help!

thanks for the info. i just went to the viking boat station to have a look at it (i'm not from dublin) and then went on the website of the company (circlelinebus.com) but haven't seen any route that may go to citywest. is this a brand new route? according to the website, the CL1 serves the following:
    Route CL1

From: St. S. Raphael's Manor, Celbridge Via Lucan Village
    06:55* 07:10 07:20 07:30 07:45: 08:15 09:45 10:45 11:45 12:45
    15:40 16:49 17:20
    16:05 17:05 17:40 18:10
    Liffey Valley, Palmerstown, Cuty Centre, RDS, Ballsbridge, Nutgrove Shopping Centre
    * O'Connell Street, Westmoreland Street only

Anyway, I'll give a try tomorrow. thanks for your help!

The citywest bus is with Bartons

That CL1 route seems to be with Mortons.... They have the same route number for some strange reason.... but they are different companies...

• Site Banned Posts: 5 teodor76

The company is Bartons.

Cost is €2 each way.

I need to know the bus route - is it going somewhere near Islandbridge or Heuston Station ?
    It seems to be that way and via Naas Road later.

teodor76 wrote:
    I need to know the bus route - is it going somewhere near Islandbridge or Heuston Station ?
    It seems to be that way and via Naas Road later.

yeah it passes heuston station in the mornings.... The bus stop across the road from the entrance to heuston station just in front of the hospital/health board building.

In the evenings it either goes past heuston station or islandbridge to cut out some traffic queues....

Advertisement