Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Tariff

Options
  • 12-05-2005 6:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Anyone have any ideas as to who has the best tariff out there.

Am currently on O2 20+ as is my gf. My bill normally comes in at around the 60 euro and hers at around the 70 euro mark. We both have text ad ons.

We are both thinking of switching to Vodafone Perfect Fit 100 seeing as it has 100 minutes of calls and 50 mins of phone a friend and also getting the text add on.

Anyone have any suggestions/opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

in short, go Meteor.

I was on o2 billpay until last yr and went to Meteor pre pay along with my gf. saved me a fortune (and im not even getting the free text thing, just 5c calls, texts at 9cent instead of 13 --she was vodafone--).

overall, calls at 20 cent/minute to here and the uk at ALL times is deadly, (or u can go for 40c on-peak and 13c off peak).

Right now thinking of going to bill, where u can make a monthly committment of:

20 euro-- 60mins free calls anytime, free Meteor2Meteor texts til end of 2005.

40euro -- 200mins with the same

60euro -- 400mins with the same.

and calls are still 20c/min at all times.

Only awkward bit is roaming, cos you've to register a credit card with them before roaming. Its a bit antiquated alright but im sure they'll soon iron it out.

I sound like a walking advertisement but im impressed with em so far, i really dont know why people assume vodafone and o2 are better (as some of my mates do and continue to pay through the nose for everything).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Slice

O2's Choices tariffs are definately the worse for value compared to Vodafone or Meteor. It's not really easy to spot because with Vodafone or Meteor they give you anytime minutes to any irish number, but O2 give 'credit' that's used up subject to the rates for the type of number you're calling at the time of day you're making the call. This makes comparisons almost impossible however if you were to compare tariffs based on similar rental prices between networks you'll see that unless you make most of you're calls to other O2 customers then that credit O2 choices give you wont go as far as the minutes available with Vodafone or Meteor.

Advertisement