Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Junior Freshman Post-Exam Party

• 12-05-2005 6:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭

Hey,

Just a quick post to let you all know I've organised a Post-Exam Party for all the Junior Freshmen in TCD at the RUSSELL COURT HOTEL (on Harcourt Street) on Thursday the 9th of June at 10pm. There will be a professional D.J., all bottles will cost three euro and, most importantly for those us spending hard-earned cash on going to the Ball tomorrow night, entry is absolutely FREE to every Junior Freshman with a Trinity College I.D. card.

So, tell your friends and classmates, and come along. It'll be the last night out before the long summer break and possibly the first night out as Rising Senior Freshmen. It'll be a good night.

Regards,
    Darren Mooney

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭young nastyman

i notice a distinct lack of footnotes when you're in the public domain, mr. mooney...hehe.

Chilly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Sleazus

Footnotes, eh? Spot the law students... :)

Russell Court Hotel? Hmm I used to go there when I was Under 18!

Still, that's the only thing organised the day I finish, so I might tag along.

the beer garden there is sweet...and when it's packed and the weather's nice, there's a great atmo...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

the beer garden there is sweet...and when it's packed and the weather's nice, there's a great atmo...
    You had your 18th there, didn't you?
    Myth wrote:
    Russell Court Hotel? Hmm I used to go there when I was Under 18!

Still, that's the only thing organised the day I finish, so I might tag along.
    I'd say it'd be an alright spot for it, but should we let in non JFers?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

let's all go to the vatican...

should we let in non JFers?

Unfortunately, there's no way to prove whether or not someone with a Trinity I.D. is a J.F. or not. Besides, people will be bringing dates from outside our fair, illustrious shining-beacon-of-knowledgeable-individual-filled-fun [/arrogant Trinner stereotype] college. To be honest, this evening is aimed at providing the J.F.-ers among us a place to relax away from the sleazy 27-year-olds[TM]* that seem to visit just about every Trinity event.

You're not a sleazy 27-year-old, are you, Myth?

Don't worry, there's still half-an-hour of anti-ageism week left.

The short answer is that I don't mind if** some of the other years decide to show up. It's a night for Trinity students to relax and unwind, have some fun and reflect on the fact that they may not see these people for another four months. I just don't want it to turn into a "Score the Fresher" competition. It's not that I have ethical concerns about it. I'm just worried I might lose...

* Because sleazy 26-year-olds are alright by us...

** Read: I have absolutely no power over the fact that....

i look like a Jf so i'm allowed come.

Sleazus wrote:
    You're not a sleazy 27-year-old, are you, Myth?

Yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Myth is not in fact a student in Trinity, he's that unshorn, unkempt middle-aged guy who is always shouting after girls outside the buttery and grabbing their asses.

Bar him......

• Advertisement

DrIndy wrote:
    Myth is not in fact a student in Trinity, he's that unshorn, unkempt middle-aged guy who is always shouting after girls outside the buttery and grabbing their asses.

Bar him......

You forgot the rampant nakedness.

You're not naked if you've got a trench coat on. What's underneath, or what isn't is your business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'd go, except I know about 10 people max from the course, so no.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

I'd go but I don't want to.

I'd go but I'm too mature for 18 year olds.

John2 wrote:
    I'd go but I don't want to.

I had actually pre-empted an answer in my head from John2 like that. Very odd..

John2 he's got a bug in your brain!

I had actually pre-empted an answer in my head from John2 like that. Very odd..

You must know me well then.

And kev, don't mention brains!

hippocampus.

hypophysis

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dermot_sheehan

Sleazus wrote:
    To be honest, this evening is aimed at providing the J.F.-ers among us a place to relax away from the sleazy 27-year-olds[TM]* that seem to visit just about every Trinity event.

What about sleezy 21 year olds? I have my last exam that day and that will be my last night as a student.
    I remember the last JF function you had in Q bar was absolutely packed.

You could always have the IDs checked to see if the ID number begins with 04

What about those that are repeating JF. Or did another course and are restarting college as a JF.

They're not real JF's and will be ejected from the premises. But being older and cooler they will go to a better bar with people who are more relevant than in the JF party

Thank you, I try.

And I get people to give me cheap booze with strange, strange names. At Q you could have ordered a Law & Order, a Section 1, Para. 2 or an Objection for just E5 a piece... ah, yet more law-themed geekery.

Besides, Pet, bring those 10 people from your course or meet up with some of these boards people on the night out. It should be a wonderful atmosphere - and besides, when are you going to go out with your class again before October? If you don't know them yet, now is the best opportunity. With E3 for all bottles, imagine the fun drinking games... You learn so much. I played a game of "I Never..." in Rathdrum that was orgasm-fakingly good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭DrIndy

Myth wrote:
    You forgot the rampant nakedness.
    This gentleman was KNOWN for wearing crotchless pantaloons like Christina Aguillera did in the video "Dirty". He wore them during freshers week.

He also didn't wear any underwear........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,197 ✭✭✭✭Crash

...i think i'm gonna go be sick now. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭HomesickAlien

the 9th!!! my last exam is on the 10th!! :mad:

weak dude...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 975 ✭✭✭Plunky

That's gotta suck... Mine's on the 3rd, and I'm flying out to my friend's prom on the 5th!

Ah, will we see you at this shindig, Mister Plunkett? I haven't seen you in quite a while, Eoin.

• Advertisement

Couple things Mr Bigstick... ;)

Uno, it's Pluinceid! GRRR!
    Dos, Considering i'm flying out to Jenna's (yes, remember her?) prom on the 5th, and it's on the 8th, I won't be attending the shindig, as I'm only back in the country on the 20th...
    And finally, Tres... Yes, I haven't been on campus in forever due to having no lectures/labs/tutorials for the past month or so. That said, study is still going woefully, and am pretty nervous about my exams!...

My apologies, Mister Pluinceid.

Tell Jenna I say 'hi'. If she remembers me... that is...

And don't worry about those exams, you'll do grand, apart from all that statistical maths stuff that is apparently relevent to a first-year studying psychology...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭cuckoo

I probably won't be attending the JF party as i've already scored my obligatory first year (got it out of the way before christmas).

You JFers laugh, but wait until you reach 2nd year and have a close read of those college regulations. You may think all those stands are there in freshers week to increase society membership, but really it's for the sleazy students to get your id number and eye you up. Then, you attend your first event with this society and there's lots of free alcohol and very 'friendly' people.

I mean, do the maths. There's way more SF and JSers than JFers, hence the intense competition to score one.

Enough nonsensical ramblings...

I'll be sure to note that Cuckoo...

Looks like being a society whore could have its advantages next year... Of course, I could just fail my exams (looking very possible) and then I wouldn't feel that guilty next year...

Things are looking up.

Don't worry about the exams B.S... You'll do fine, and with regard to my stats, that was continual assessment, so it's already passed!.. I'll bring a pic of you (with your gorgeous locks still intact) and she'll definitely remember you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

cuckoo wrote:
    I probably won't be attending the JF party as i've already scored my obligatory first year (got it out of the way before christmas).
    'obligatory first year' lol..... your what age again? and they are?

• Advertisement

As long as they're over 18 they're free game.

As long as they're over 18 they're free game.

I thought the rule was it was half your age plus 7?

Myth wrote:
    I thought the rule was it was half your age plus 7?

And that first year fit in nicely with that rule. :p

that's stupid.

cuckoo wrote:
    And that first year fit in nicely with that rule. :p

Sounds like another first year that's older then me, seeing by your maths he's 20. Or was 20.

• Advertisement

Sleazus wrote:
    I played a game of "I Never..." in Rathdrum that was orgasm-fakingly good.

the less said about that night, the better. and speaking of law student geekery...it's "have you ever..."

don't you remember? you said, and i quote, "have you ever got dirty, cheap thrills from the sligo sheep?" noone drank cept you, moonster!

its "never have i ever..." actually - or that was how i remember how my mates and I played it.

seen both, both stupid

Originally posted by young nastyman
    you said, and i quote, "have you ever got dirty, cheap thrills from the sligo sheep?" noone drank cept you, moonster!

Ah now, I'm pretty sure that Brendan took a quiet sip... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,452 ✭✭✭Time Magazine

Darren, you're just not the same without the accent.

seen both, both stupid

it depends on who you play it with...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

*BUMP*

It's today.
    I might pop along

yeah...hopefully there'll be a decent turnout. spread the word. word on the street is Darren will be buying cocktails for anyone who beats him in a 'dance off'.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

dance off you say?

/me does the funky chicken

i *might*drop in later. i'll see.

• Advertisement
Advertisement