Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disconnecting?

• 12-05-2005 7:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I need access to some sites using eircom home dsl, remote access that is, but the router/modem at the sites keep disconnecting and need to be activated LAN side each time this happens!!!

As the access needs to be remote, is there any way to kep the modem from disconnecting????

Machines that I need access to are DVR's and cannot have extra software installed on them.

Modems being used are SMC barricades with 4 port router built in (also have wireless)

The DSL timeout has also been set to infinite and a big timeout number, but still no joy!

I need help!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

BUMP

Can anyone help on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 239 ✭✭nellieswellies

Has it just started happening since the upgrade rollout early April?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

it's not your fault, it's eircom's

my connection was rock steady before the upgrade, after the upgrade it was nice too, but after operation "silent downgrade" I get disconnections too.

you can try this:

pick up your phone, ring somewhere just anywhere on your mobile for example, once it starts ringing, put down your phone again, and the router should reconnect soon.

Someone posted it here(don't remember who)

It does work with me, and as I remember it worked for many guys here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

The phone idea is cool, but I need to remotely access these places when there is nobody there, so I cannot pick up the phone and ring.

Is there any way of getting eircom to fix this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

don't think so,

eircom denies any faults.

you could try ringing on their landline, maybe this will work too?

• Advertisement
Advertisement