Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suprise when i came home from work...!

• 12-05-2005 7:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

So, i wanted to tell ye all about the little suprise i got when i arrived home from work!

I got a slip in the door yesterday saying that someone tried to deliver a package to the house but no-one was in. Expected it to be for one of the parents considering i'd ordered nothing online, although i do apply for the Freebies in the Bargain Alerts, but they'd practically all fit in an envelope.

Anyways, father picked it up and it was actually a parcel for me! Confused, i opened it!..

.. looking inside, it dawned on me! I entered a 'Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy' competition on TopUpClub a while back and they never notified me, but i won!

Prizes i got:

- Ticket for me and a guest to see the film in the cinema! (happy cos i haven't got round to seeing it yet. Hope they accept the ticket here in Sligo)
    - A Marvin T-shirt
    - A Marvin key-ring
    - The book (special movie tie-in version)
    - 6 badges!

Doesn't sound like much... but i'm very happy with it myself!! :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

nice one.

Does anyone know if any toy shops stock a range of hitch hikers guide characters. Want to pick up Marvin some where if can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,326 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Cool, very nice :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

Marvin could be a real little cash cow for them, if they were clever enough

i also want a cool-ass Marvin Model/toy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Excellent stuff, the movie tie-in book has some lovely little extras in the back... for a marvin toy just draw eyes on your IPod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Rabies, if you're based in Dublin I saw the Hitchhiker's figures in Tower Records yesterday including Marvin.

• Advertisement

Thanks EarthHorse. Not based in Dublin but often up there with work.Must take a trip in to Tower Records.

By the way, where exactly is it :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

I love when stuff happens like that! I remember just entering a competition for Popcorn on TV3, not expecting anything at all, then a week or two later Easy Rider Special Edition, Panic Room Special Edition, Blackhawk Down Special Edition and Boyz in the Hood Special Edition popped through my letterbox! Was chuffed!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Tower is on Wicklow Street which is just off Grafton Street. If you're at the Molly Malone end of Grafton St., and heading toward the Stephen's Green end, Wicklow Street is the first turn on your right. After around 10 seconds you'll encounter Tower, also on you're right.

The figures are on the left of the first floor near the back, just after the stairs, where the magazine section is. You will spot this easily enough as (a) there's a stairs and (b) there are always too many people reading the magazines. You'll find the figures at the back of the pillar in the middle of the magazine section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Well done !!!

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement