Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

suspension problem

Options
  • 12-05-2005 7:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Got a creeking noise coming from the left front suspension. Noise is noticeable when taking left land bends eg roundabouts.

Its a 96 skoda felicia, any ideas on costs of repairs?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I have a similar problem with my Corsa. Only, I only notice this creaking noise on the front, driver side, and only when going about 40mph on bumpy roads.

Maybe my issues are different to yours but no point in opening a seperate thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭AMurphy

Could be anything, including a stone behind the hubcap.
    Describe the sounds a little better;
    Is it a rumbling/grumbling sound, a Clack-Clack at any or all speeds, squeeking and creaking.

You turn LEFT to go around roundabouts? Though youd be steering to the right.. generally?

Anyway, a few quick simple checks.

Check the wheelnuts are tight.
    Check for items like wheel balance weights rattling about behind hubcaps
    Assuming FWD - Remove the wheel and check the shaft CV joint gaiters for brakes and leaking grease/lubricant. Same for the damper rod.
    Examine mounting bushings for wear and the frame for cracks.

Drive and reverse around in a very tight circle, left and right, see if there is any clacking in the driveshafts.

Report back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Bond-007 wrote:
    Got a creeking noise coming from the left front suspension. Noise is noticeable when taking left land bends eg roundabouts.

Its a 96 skoda felicia, any ideas on costs of repairs?

Thanks

Had a very similar problem with my 00 Focus recently. Creaking (not knocking) on left turns, especially tight ones; worse in the dry (there's a thread somewhere about it). Lot of people suggested the bushes - got em replaced, but no good. May sort you out though. I got it done under guarantee but I believe the invoice was for approx €55. After that, they replaced the link rods - result! No noise! Not sure how much this would cost, but would imagine it would be significantly more than the bushes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭highdef

Yeah, I suggested the bushes - I got mine done and it solved the problem. I got one set of bushes changed first and it made no difference. Got the anti-roll bar bushes done and it sorted it. Not that that's the problem you have - worked for me though. Link rod's is a common fault in my car too. They seem to be fine though.

Advertisement