Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Loans

Options
  • 12-05-2005 7:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

I'm a full time student and want to take out a loan from Bank of Ireland to pay postgrad fees next year (almost 4000 euros). I reckon if I got it I could pay it back by the end of 2006 as I have a steady enough income most of the year. I reallydont want to have to go to my parent to get an indemnity form signed if I can possibily help it. Just wondering if anyone can give me a bit of info on the sort of reception they got from BOI.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Everyone is different. If you have and can prove the income, even if you are a student, they'll take your business. Ring them and explain.

John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The best thing to do is probably to call into the student branch in your university and talk to their loans officer/advisor/manager. The banks are generally very ammenable when it comes to student loans as they see student business as their way to get a persons granduate business, car loans and eventual mortgage.

Advertisement