Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

city of heroes respec mission

Options
  • 12-05-2005 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Looking for help in getting a respec for my character, So I’m going to try organize the terra volta respec mission!

I’m Level 25 tanker looking for other 25’s(only) or over 30’s that would like to be examplered to lvl 25 on the Defiant server. If anyone is interested it will be in the next 2 or 3 weeks. If anyone has done it you know it can be tricky and for anyone who hasn’t you’ll need to set aside between 2 and 5 hours depending on the team!

Looking for 2 healers, 1 tankers, 3 scrappers, 1 Controllers. + me = 8(or if someone has a better team layout…)

If anyone has advice on the mission please feel free to add you two cents worth!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

At level 25 the enemy will be sky raiders.

The mobs in the mission will be +2 levels above the highest ranking character.

When you get to the reactor, do one door at a time even if you have a cool fire tank who thinks they know it all. The final door on the way into the reactor has an explosive that will kill you in one hit. The corridor will have a few too.

The timer starts once you enter the bubble room. On the wall is healing belts. Everyone should get one, then run into the anti-rad bubble machine. If you don't get a bubble then you will die in the reactor room.

You should all protect the core as the priority. If you have the people to spare send a few up to take out the waves as they spawn.

When a wave is over, go recharge your bubble.

If you die, do not respawn inside the reactor room, get someone to TP you back to the bubble room. repsawn in the reactor you have a high percentage of dying again.

Best ways to protect the reactor.
    - Bubble it if you have a bubbler.
    - Taunt mobs off it.
    - Use repel or similar powers to push the enemy away.

Belts have a limited number of heals, so only heal the reactor if its hurt a lot.

If the reactor goes down, then its game over.

It doesn't take 5 hours to do unless your team really sucks. About 1-2 hours max.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭sillo

Hobbes has covered most of it.

Doing it with a team of 5 or 6 will minimise boss count and keep thel evels to +2 your highest member - do it with 7 or 8 and there will be lots of bosses and they will be +3...which is bad news. Because of this difficulty scaling its a good idea if players are reasonably close to each other in terms of level. Having 7 l25's and 1 l29 will get you all butchered.

If you have a controller to drop a singularity on the reactor that helps. Anything that distracts the mobs helps but you really want to be flooring the mobs before the waves overlap.

Your priority is to stay alive and clear the mobs fast. Appoint one person to heal the reactor. The belts you geto utside heal 1/3 of its bar and have 20 charges each. 20 charges is a lot and I've never used more than 1 personally.

If all else fails post to the UK forums and one of the veteran's will help you do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Grand_Izer

I did the respec trial yesterday with a group of 8, levels 30-32. We had the exact same setup (your a blaster i presume?).

It took a little over 2 hours, the only difficulty we had was with the trio of lvl 35 skiff bosses in the main control hall.

The lack of ranged attacks hampered our progress badly and on more than one occasion, a skiff would redirect it's AoE attacks away from the tanker
    and obliterate any unfortunate heroes who got caught in it. Eventually, we
    manged to slug it out.

Bypassed the bomb traps thanks to a helpful defender with invisibility/teleport.
    After dispatching several waves of sky raiders in the reactor room we were awarded the respecs for our efforts (apart from the poor sod who accidentally picked the SO).

me? no my 50's a tank, my alt's a scrapper, and my other alts a PB.

there's always one sap that accidentally picks the SO - i mean wtf...

If you have already done the mission you can't pick the respec again. Your stuck with the SOs.

• Advertisement

Not *technically* true there Hobbes - you can get all 3 respec's from the first respec trial if you want. You can technically do the first respec, pick respec as reward, exemp to do first respec again at level 35, pick respec as reward, then exemp to do first respec a final time at 45, and pick respec as reward again.

It's sad that I know this, but I do.

I found the Freakshow respec trial much easier then the Sky raiders.

It is - and the Rikti one is easy too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Apparently there's a problem with the respec mission at the moment, whereby only one or two people can pick up the healing belts, which can cause a failure, depending on the team.

I'm on union, so I wont be able to help you.

if you petition this problem a GM will be along to fix it.

A workaround is to make sure everyone clicks on a belt at the same time.

• Advertisement

Not sure thats the problem. From what I have seen of that mission and others is that the glowies click area has shrunk or moved. You generally have to wiggle the camera around in a number of places to find the point to click.

Kind of annoying, also the door click that stops you targetting enemies is annoying too but I can't remember if that was in I3.

That is the problem and you will need a GM to fix it.

The Z-offset on glowies in general is a known issues - the workaround for most cases, as you said, is to move up close and look at it from the side and move the cursor around a bit.

However the respec belts are an exception and something seems to be particular haywire with them - something that requires GM intervention, a friend of mine had to get it done 3 times on Saturday which is how I know.

The door click targetting problem is also new in i4, yes.

Advertisement