Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pop Quiz For Leaving Cert

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭cessy

hey meanie dont b all smilies and sarcastic comments at me !!! check th etimes we posted simultainiously!!!and yes ur right i do hate business not that i do it he he

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Seen as magnetic flux density has been answered, another question me thinks.

Physics: describe an experiment to show the heating effect of a current carrying wire

Please don't make me type out the whole experiment. :o

Coils is in a calorimeter, along with a thermometer.

Let current flow. Note temperature.

Let higher current flow. Note temperature.

Repeat with a heating coil of higher resistance. Note temperature.

Conclusion:
    Heat depends on current, resistance and time.

Will that do?

yep...go ahead

Ok.................

English:

Give me about 4/5 lines about why you like/dislike the poetry of Emily Dickinson.

• Advertisement

Emily Dickinson is like no other poet I have ever come across. She expresses her moods from one extreme to another from elation to deep despair, with no happy medium. For me as a student I find it hard to relate to her 'drunkeness' on nature, but that as a factor makes it more foreign and interesting as poetry. Dickinson is unique in her style of writing, especially in her use of punctuation and the dash, but the dash is one of her traits as is her capitalisaiton of ordinary words to emphasise or enhance their meaning in the poetry, through this unusual technique it becomes easier for me as a reader to understand her poetry.

Hope that'll do...

OK sticking with English, give me a introduction (short if you want) on the GVV of your comparative texts.

The GVV is very important to a reader. It is one of the many reasons, if not the main reason, why we pick up a book and read it. Of course, the GVV can be, and usually is, different for each book. Chinua Achebe, the author of "Things Fall Apart", wrote this award-winning novel to show the harsh life his forefathers had, and to express his feelings towards the "white man". David Malouf, author of "Fly Away Peter", wore this to show suffering also, but at a more violent level. I talk of course about World War II. He wanted the world to know about his anti-war status, and how humans are taking it's toll on the natural world.

I hope that's ok. English isn't exacly my strongest subject. :o

Physics:

Lenz Law please............

I hope that's ok. English isn't exacly my strongest subject. :o

nor mine

Lenz's Law: the direction of an induced current is such that it opposes the change/motion causing it (not to sure)

Indeed it is.

Le prochaine question s'il vous plait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

can anyone explain the general vision viewpoint that links Amongst women a dolls house strictly ballroom.i just cant get my head around that question!

• Advertisement

can anyone explain the general vision viewpoint that links Amongst women a dolls house strictly ballroom.i just cant get my head around that question!

nope I don't do those texts

French it is,

What do adverbs generally end in? (comprehension) i.e. how would you spot an adverb in the text?

Eh the end in "ment"?

yep

Ok.

Physics:

Prove the 3 acceleration formulae.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Rredwell

Biology:
    Name the 5 phases in the bacterial growth curve.
    At what phase is the continuous flow method kept?

Speed = distance/time

Therefore: (v + u)/2 = s/t, s = (v + u)t/2

Acceleration = change in speed/time taken = (v - u)/t, v = u + at

s = (u + at + u)t/2, s = ut + at/2

s = (v + u)t/2, 2s = (v + u)t, 2s = (v + u)(v - u)/a, v^2 = u^2 + 2as

Nicely done.

(500 posts. W00t! :) )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

What is a quorum?

Ok give me a few quotes/points on the character of Hamlet, supporting his sanity.

"I shall put an antic disposition on"- Act I, scene v.

• Advertisement

-tells his mother that he is not crazy, asks her to keep it a secret
    - says that he is just putting on an "antic disposition"
    - Hamlet always thinks things through, a madman would just act on impulse
    LOGIC
    There is a play tonight before the Williams 3 king: / One scene of it comes near the circumstance / Which I have told thee of my father’s death. / I prithee, when thou seest that act afoot, / Even with the very comment of thy soul / Observe my uncle. If his occulted guilt / Do not itself unkennel in one speech, / It is a damned ghost that we have seen” (3.2.75-82)

- He is very intuitive throughout the play, thinks logically
    - plays Polonius for a fool
    - killed Polonius because he logically believed that only Claudius would be in Gertrude's closet
    - he is behaving normally when he first meets with Rosencrantz and Guildenstern in Act II sc. ii, but as soon as he realizes that they were sent for, he puts on his antic dispostion so he won't give himself away
    - he insults Rosencrantz, Guildenstern, Polonius, and Claudius in a clever way
    - thinking things through clearly when he doesnt' kill Claudius when he's praying

to Gertrude: “...It is not madness / That I have utter’d. Bring me to the test, / And I the matter will re-word, which madness / would gambol from...” (3:4:143-46).

Hamlet suddenly ceases to put on this antic disposition. During Hamlet’s feigned madness, whenever he was speaking to someone that was not aware of his plan he would ridicule them but in the form of ambiguous metaphors and irony to imitate madness. After the conflict with Laertes, however, Hamlet no longer continued this masking of his insults.

Further proof that Hamlet is no longer acting mad is that in the final moments of his life he performs very noble acts that were executed out of the goodness of his heart. One of these acts consisted of drinking the remainder of the poison left in the glass that Claudius and Gertrude had already drank from, to prevent Horatio sipping from this glass and dying as well.

Good stuff and a question...

well since nobody is answering business questions i'll stick with hamlet.

Discuss the use of imagery in Hamlet.

Imagery:
    -comparison of Elsinore to a prison; an "unweeded garden".
    -this theme of coruption is also extended to Hamlet and Gertrude: "the rank sweat of an enseamed bed", "a couch for luxury and damned incest"
    -the vivid contrast of Claudius and Hamlet in the Closet Scene.
    -the description of Hamlet's skin when he was poisioned

Any Biology students out there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

midpoint formula?? now now now hurry hurry, cum on........2slow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

x2-x1/2, y2-y1/2

um

(X1 + X2)/2, (Y1 + Y2)/2

Ok, Physics

Newton's Three Laws of Mechanics

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

N1- a body continues in a state of rest or uniform motion in a straight line unless a resultant external force acts on it

N2-when a resultant extrenal force acts on a body the rate of chance of the bodies momentum is proportional to this force and takes place in the direction of it ( F = ma )

N3- if body A exerts a force on body B then body B exerts an equal but opposite force on body A

show the derivation of the force on a moving charge particle in a magnetic field.

Force on a charged particle

Charged particles carrying a charge, q, moved at a speed, v, through a distance, L, in time, t.

Distance = speed x time, L = vt

Charge = current x time, q = It, I = q/t

The force on a current carrying conductor in a magnetic field, F = BIL

F = B(q/t)vt
    F = Bqv

• Advertisement

(non sciene-related) question please?

Advertisement