Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 new cod2 screens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The more I see of it, the more I can't wait to play this beauty....

Looks great, at first I wasn't very impressed but now I think I'm actually looking forward to it more then BF2!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭KroG

Yea it looks brill i'm prob going to go out and buy it!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

KroG wrote:
    Yea it looks brill i'm prob going to go out and buy it!!!!

Game play not graphics is m reason to buy any new game !! HL2 did not live up to expectations and I bet BF2 may lack too........

fingers crossed ! but yes grpahics are stunning (if you got a good GFX card)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

when CoD 2 arrives, what is the situation for clans, what i mean is, a clan may only have one server and run CoDUO, do they switch over to CoD2 after a month or so or stay as CoDUO. I know the latter may sound out dated but it may suit certain clans.

The pics from CoD2 are impressive alright....just hope the game play doesn't change

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

wideband wrote:
    when CoD 2 arrives, what is the situation for clans, what i mean is, a clan may only have one server and run CoDUO, do they switch over to CoD2 after a month or so or stay as CoDUO. I know the latter may sound out dated but it may suit certain clans.

The pics from CoD2 are impressive alright....just hope the game play doesn't change

id presume it will be different for each individual clan. i dont think clans will will change to cod 2 right away, there are still plenty of clans out there that havent switched to UO yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

I don't think we'll be swapping to CoD 2 straight away... In fairness, I don't think we'll be swapping at all as CoD 2 looks more like UO (which we dislike with a passion) than CoD... Big disappointment in perspective (for us anyway)... :(

I don't think we'll be swapping to CoD 2 straight away... In fairness, I don't think we'll be swapping at all as CoD 2 looks more like UO (which we dislike with a passion) than CoD... Big disappointment in perspective (for us anyway)... :(

Come back in 20 years and Stephano will be still playing COD me thinks !

Probably... Looks that way for now anyway... :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Steffano take out the tanks form UO and you have COD with few extra weapons and ranking system.
    Me wonders how you dislike with a passion.
    Very very strange tbh.
    Go play UO on COD maps on servers with no tanks and no artillery and come back and tell me the difference apart from extra weapons,im dying to know what i am missing :)

Dcully wrote:
    Steffano take out the tanks form UO and you have COD with few extra weapons and ranking system.
    Very very strange tbh.

Agreed (I'm a turn coat)

Dcully you opened a can of worns ........... I know how he feels about it !!

TANK + MEN = UNFAIR

• Advertisement

lol sorry for can of worms but if steffano played on non tank maps he would see my point instead of dismissing UO.
    Dismissing it and disliking with a passion a game that is practically the same as his beloved COD is mind boggling tbh.
    Play UO on normal UO servers tanks and all i can see the difference and see where he is coming from.
    Really cant get me head round it lol.
    Each to his own and all that but i find it very strange.

Dcully wrote:
    lol sorry for can of worms but if steffano played on non tank maps he would see my point instead of dismissing UO.
    Dismissing it and disliking with a passion a game that is practically the same as his beloved COD is mind boggling tbh.
    Play UO on normal UO servers tanks and all i can see the difference and see where he is coming from.
    Really cant get me head round it lol.
    Each to his own and all that but i find it very strange.

Hey Dcully GFM still running on the server? tried to connect last night but was booted ! hope its up for the weekend !!

Yup still running and going strong.
    Wont be changing anytime soon.
    Brilliant mod.
    Why were you booted m8?
    Did you get an error?

Dcully wrote:
    Very very strange tbh.
    Go play UO on COD maps on servers with no tanks and no artillery and come back and tell me the difference apart from extra weapons,im dying to know what i am missing :)

Dcully,

I agree with you when you say there is no difference between CoD and UO when you play on CoD maps with no tanks and no artillery (apart from the extra weapons and the smoke grenades). So my question to you is: What's the point in swapping over to UO?

When I say "I dislike UO", I mean I dislike the maps the size of Ireland on which you have those hateful tanks and jeeps and all these different game types (such as Base Assault, etc)...

I know you find the fact that I love CoD and dislike UO (with a passion) strange. But you have to understand: I was REALLY looking forward to UO! I thought it was going to be a brilliant extention to CoD making it even more popular and fun! And that's what it was for the Single Player mode! But I was absolutely gutted when I tried the MultiPlayer mode... I found it crap! And I still do! And because of that, I never play it and I "dislike it with a passion"...

There you go, hope you understand better now...

Disclaimer: The above post reflects the opinions of Steffano2002. Steffano2002 is not trying to provoke anyone who feels differently. If you disagree with him, good for you. He is not trying to affect your opinion about UO and you will not affect his either. As a result, there is no need to try and change his mind. :p

Dcully wrote:
    Yup still running and going strong.
    Wont be changing anytime soon.
    Brilliant mod.
    Why were you booted m8?
    Did you get an error?

no but I'll let you know later if I do ! :-)

So my question to you is: What's the point in swapping over to UO?

Domination mode pure and simple.
    Having loved DOD for years then loving the concept of COD with exception of S&D mode next thing UO came out playing domination mode capturing objectives around the map and respawning like my beloved DOD.
    It is DOD for COD hence my reason for swapping over to UO.
    I see your point m8 ,if your not a fan of domination then i totally see where your coming from.

Pop on with us and play some GFM ,only the odd tank on 2 maps or so whch are easily flanked with a panzershrek or a sachel charge :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 315 ✭✭wideband

Ok lads,
    so the subliminal message from the posts are don't buy CoD2 right away as the majority of servers will stay with their current settings. (for me anyhow as i don't play single player),

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

What's the point in swapping over to UO?

1) Ranking system
    2) Better weapons
    3) Sprint ability.

wideband wrote:
    Ok lads,
    so the subliminal message from the posts are don't buy CoD2 right away as the majority of servers will stay with their current settings. (for me anyhow as i don't play single player),

Cheers
    There will be servers popping up quite fast after the release of CoD2 so I wouldn't worry about that. Furthermore, the more Single Player practise you get in, the bigger the edge you'll have when playing online!

Arabel wrote:
    1) Ranking system
    Fair enough although I don't see much difference...
    Arabel wrote:
    2) Better weapons
    2)
    Even when I played UO at the very beginning for a few weeks I was using the CoD weapons so no difference for me there either...
    Arabel wrote:
    3) Sprint ability.
    Considering the size of the maps: Thank God for that! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Disclaimer: The above post reflects the opinions of Steffano2002. Steffano2002 is not trying to provoke anyone who feels differently. If you disagree with him, good for you. He is not trying to affect your opinion about UO and you will not affect his either. As a result, there is no need to try and change his mind. :p

Now where did i leave that darn mind control device

kinkstr wrote:
    Now where did i leave that darn mind control device
    LOL Kinkstr! :D

Fair enough although I don't see much difference...

2)
    Even when I played UO at the very beginning for a few weeks I was using the CoD weapons so no difference for me there either...

Considering the size of the maps: Thank God for that! :p

sprint thats new to me !! what key ............... god I should read the games booklets more !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭D

The landscape looks a bit barren to me. I hope they add in more features to flesh out the maps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Drapper wrote:
    sprint thats new to me !! what key ............... god I should read the games booklets more !!

Alt as standard. Its saved my life more than once.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

It looks great but it doesent look like COD that screen looked more like BF1942 shot. Time will tell. I really wana see the 1st COD 2 vid that will be a better indicator.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

another trick a lot of people don`t seem to know is when driving a tank or jeep hold down the space key and steer with the mouse !!!!

Advertisement