Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Maniche and Constinha are off to...

• 12-05-2005 8:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

...Dinamo Moscow!
    Porto midfielders Maniche and Costinha are moving to Dinamo Moscow in one of the biggest transfer coups ever staged by a club in the former Communist bloc.

The two Portugal internationals, key members of the Porto side that won last year’s Champions League and the Intercontinental Cup, will link up with Dinamo on July 1.

The move was announced on the Porto website, www.fcporto.pt.

A statement read: “Porto have confirmed ... the ceding of the sporting rights of Maniche and Costinha to Dinamo Moscow starting from July 1, 2005.

“The deals are worth respectively 16 million euros (£11million) and four million euros (£2.72million).”

Maniche and Costinha were also in the Portugal team beaten 1-0 by Greece in the Euro 2004 final last summer in Lisbon.

Maniche won a last-gasp call-up by coach Luiz Felipe Scolari after a brilliant performance for Porto in their 3-0 Champions League final win against Monaco.

His 16 million euro fee illustrates how much his star has risen over the past 12 months.
    I am shocked to be perfectly honest. No.1, what are they doing moving to an midtable Russian club. And 2, €4m for Costinha? :eek: They'd have got double that and more for him.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No3 hot and damn damn damn cold :confused:

kdjac

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Just an other example of how privately owned football clubs are doing it differently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Obviously they're getting paid a shít load but there must be more than that to this. I mean Maniche was attracting interest from Madrid, Arsenal and Man U. They're moving to a not so glamorous city which reaches sub zero temperatures in the winter and they won't even be playing in Europe. Surely it can't just be for the money. They would have more than enough at other top clubs if they put themselves on the transfer list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Could be a case of your sold, Porto got in 4 Brazilians who couldnt play in Europe at Xmas so maybe they been playing wqeek in week out in the league :confused:

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

I don't have a clue but maybe Dinamo have a sugar daddy and the pair are looking at the future , any club can become a big one if theres lots of money and its invested well .

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Roman Abramovich also owns a club in Moscow , name it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Roman Abramovich also owns a club in Moscow , name it :)

CSKA , and he dosn't own it , he owns a percentage of a company that invests in the club .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

dynamo moscow happened to be run by Mafia (that is no secret).
    they now have signed 9 portuguese players!!!
    i wouldnt like to be in costinha and maniche's shoes,an awful lot is expected of this club.
    the russian league has gone mental recently, in the league last year at about the half way stage spartak splashed out millions for some players to salvage their season.when i say millions i mean in the region or 20 million for a few players.when did the russian league ever see money of those proportions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Thats the most insane thing i've ever heard! Were they forced to sign at gunpoint or something? I figured they'd have a prob going to england because of the weather but Russia?! Must be going to get unbelievable wages to go to a midtable club that doesn't even play in european compitition in a freezing largely poverty stricken country..madness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

the most amazing thing is that Maniche was Mourinho's General at Porto. His man in the dressing room. A bit like Keane for Ferguson. I always expected him to follow Jose. Not end up in snowy Russia

• Advertisement
Advertisement