Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digiweb Down ?

• 12-05-2005 9:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Lo ppl,

Is anyone else having problems with Digiweb this evenin' ?

My router won't connect and it's giving authorisation error.

Brother also on Digiweb & he's having the same problem tonight.

Anyone else ??

(56k.....Yuck !)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

I was just about to post! Yes my Digiweb's been down for over an hour now (on Whitehall exchange in Dublin). At least this time it doesn't seem to be a dsl problem (line diagnostics were fine) - took 3 weeks to fix the last time! See attached picture - not sure exactley what it means though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭job

That basically means that the line is "training" or syncing properly with your exchange. It's just it can't login or ping the digiweb server.

Same problem as me basically !

Hope it's fixed soon.......need my fixx :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

Oh great so its not just me then!

i was in the middle of Guild Wars. all of a sudden my character couldnt move and then the game locked up..

The PPPoE protocol isnt working. so apparently no one can login/ authenticate their account with digiwebs server. My line is fine though

it did however come back for a minute or too at around ten o clock but its gone again

i was thinking that before is saw this post that maybe they screwed up my account settings. over the past few months they have changed my static ip 3 times without telling me. so i leave it on dynamic now!!! :mad: :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭jleavy046

job wrote:
    That basically means that the line is "training" or syncing properly with your exchange. It's just it can't login or ping the digiweb server.

Same problem as me basically !

Hope it's fixed soon.......need my fixx :D

Is this still a problem? Have you called them?
    I have always found them very helpful and if there ever has been an issue they have always been very quick to get things up again.

Joe Leavy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

There's never any support after hours as far as I know. Are you on Digiweg DSL at the moment Joe?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Ye gone for me also since about 8pm
    Navan exchange

(I had to install an old modem in PC)

Dec

digitaldr wrote:
    There's never any support after hours as far as I know. Are you on Digiweg DSL at the moment Joe?

No, no...me on IBB / Tree Rock. I'll try the digiweb back door phone numbers now................. I think John McKenna is on call

jleavy046 wrote:
    No, no...me on IBB / Tree Rock. I'll try the digiweb back door phone numbers now................. I think John McKenna is on call

Let us know how you get on

Thanks
    Dec

deckie27 wrote:
    Let us know how you get on

Thanks
    Dec

No luck, one number is ringing out and the other goes directly to VM. Sorry :-( My detyails may be wrong, but I'm nearly sure it's not).

I've mailed the support teams in case they have Remote Access....

There remote access is probally down :D
    Who do u think provides it

Dec

Agh well might as well go to bed

• Advertisement

deckie27 wrote:
    There remote access is probally down :D
    Who do u think provides it

Dec

Agh well might as well go to bed

D'oh! - Good point.

Question, in general, how do you find Digiweb service and support in general?

Joe Leavy

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

They are normally sound enough when you actually call them but in terms of fixing the problem they are utterly useless - i am on their wireless service 512 supposedly - more like 212 - on a good day. They come up to fix it and do their tests and say its fine. My connection feels more like a 56k than broadband - web pages seem to suffer the most. I sent them three email in the last three weeks and got one standard reply after me asking for a supervisor to call me (i made a huge complaint and the problem has been on-going for almost a month now without proper attention or fixing) and nothing. I'm switching to DSL now cos finally our line here qualifies - so hopefully that will be better. Generally though their tech support is all smiles - no actual support. They do my head in. I'm local to their place too - the temptation to burn the place to the ground has almost got the better of me quite a few times while trying to research my thesis!!

I disconnected my phone line after the last post
    A min later MSN poped up telling me I had a new message
    DSL is back
    Yipeee

I find the service great. Great speeds all the time. Have it 6 months this is the first time I noticed it going down. Never had any reason after day 2 to ring them.

One Thing. When will they ever get a meter to tell u how close to ur cap u are?

Dec :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

11.24pm now :confused:

right the node-link is back up but its horrible slow. right now im barely scraping 2kb/s

im going to try resetting my line now and see..

the modem connection i was jsut on to make my previous post is faster than this

deckie27 wrote:
    It disconnected my phone line after the last post
    A min later MSN poped up telling me I had a new message
    DSL is back
    Yipeee

I find the service great. Great speeds all the time. Have it 6 months this is the first time I noticed it going down. Never had any reason after day 2 to ring them.

One Thing. When will they ever get a meter to tell u how close to ur cap u are?

Dec :p

They wont that your perogative try DUMETER

Or the other solution is to go on their unlimited account

like me. 3mbit for the price of 1

UPDATE: oh wait speed is back to normal getting 345kb/s now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Chaz

Eircom are working on the fault. The issue seems to be on the ATM circuits that feed the service.

Chaz wrote:
    Eircom are working on the fault. The issue seems to be on the ATM circuits that feed the service.

Thanks for the update Chaz.... any issues with mail2.digiweb.ie POP3 do you know?

Joe Leavy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

It's just DSL - not the other services....I am using the Wireless service, it's perfect...

Tried it earlier myself and it did come back for a little while, but as Slade X mentioned, it was only 2kb/s :(

Tried it now ( 00:34 ) and still not connecting.

Hopefully it will be fixed on Friday.

job wrote:
    Tried it earlier myself and it did come back for a little while, but as Slade X mentioned, it was only 2kb/s :(

Tried it now ( 00:38 ) and still not connecting.

Hopefully it will be fixed on Friday.

Will be worked on all night if needs be.....looks like it's an eircom fault on the ATM network.

• Advertisement

Cheers for info, hope to be back on 3MB today so :)

job wrote:
    Cheers for info, hope to be back on 3MB today so :)

Indeed - 56k V 3mbps...hmmmm....

I think there were eircom issues with Crown alley also a few days ago...might or might not be related..

There was also probs with Citywest area yesterday, aparently loads of lines went down.

Anyway, i think one night on 56k is enough pain after having dsl....god how did we live without it ;-)

I dont mind upgrades or indeed scheduled service outages - fact of life but this is just not good enough....oh well, it gives me the chance to finish reading Hitch Hikers guide for the rest of the night :) Will let you know of any updates....In fairness to the guys in the eircom NOC they are doing their best ( I think!)

56k - I feel your pain... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭bigpaddy2004

We are a wireless provider here in the midlands, and all of our nodes which are connected to a dsl line went down yesterday. This is expected to be worse today. Read below what our provider emailed to us:

To Whom it May Concern

We are notifying all our customers of an emergency outage that is
    scheduled to take place on the B-RAS in Limerick on Friday, May 13th:

Start Time 13.05.05 @ 01:00
    End Time 13.05.05 @ 04:00

Details: An Emergency outage on the Limerick B-Ras
    affecting all Limerick ASAMs is planned for 13/05/05 @ 00:30 for 4
    hours. This is in order to fix a network fault that is

currently causing an interruption in service for all DSL customers
    connected to the B-Ras

The following list of ASAM's will experience service interruption

Naas
    Caherdavin
    Castletroy
    Ennis
    Listowel
    Nenagh
    Shannon Airport
    Killarney
    Dooradoyle
    Limerick
    Shannon Town
    Tralee
    Athy
    Carlow
    Newbridge
    Portlaoise
    Tullamore
    Athlunkard
    Crossagalla
    Kildare
    Thurles
    Tipperary

Affected Customers : Wholesale DSL customers currently connected to
    the above list of exchanges will experience a loss or interruption in
    service between 01:00 and 04:00.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Digiweb was back up this mornin' at 7:55am when i checked it.

First outage with them since i signed up and it appears it was €ircom's fault anyway.....no surprise there !!

Good to be back on dsl and off 56k :p

job wrote:
    Digiweb was back up this mornin' at 7:55am when i checked it.

First outage with them since i signed up and it appears it was €ircom's fault anyway.....no surprise there !!

Good to be back on dsl and off 56k :p

Correct - ATM upgrade at eircom didnt go well - all well now....phew! thanks for the updates on your side yesterday evening, appreciated :)

No Problem and thx for yours too !

The more info the better i believe, once it's useful of course :D

Cheers,

Job

All evening everynow and then (10-15 mins) my browser is failing to load pages.
    When I refresh alls fine.
    This never happened before
    strange
    ??? ? ?? ?

Dec

• Advertisement

Look at the ping attached
    fails every few times Alos look at times before last fail.
    What could cause this or is the system still a bit hairy.

Ideas ??
    Dec

Advertisement