Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB in Saggart

• 12-05-2005 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Anybody else having problems? I'm on dial-up now through corporate RAS but when I try to traceroute the last active NTL IP address I was assigned, it stops at dbln-tall-ubr-4-ge01.inet.ntl.com. My IP resolves to XXX-tall4-5-1-custZZ.dbln.cable.ntl.com.

Is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi

I'm also having problems in Aylesbury in Tallaght, I can connect if I use a proxy server with the IP address but not with the name, I restarted the Modem and still have the same Problem

winn-cache-2.server.ntli.net [62.253.96.42]
    belf-cache-1.server.ntli.net [62.254.32.17]

Hope it gets fix in the morning

Regards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

There have been a few threads recently about NTL being down in various locations in Dublin at various times.
    BB was down for me in D.16 yesterday morning at about 1.30am but it was back some time before 7:30am. TV signal was fine.
    It might be due to the recent speed increases that they are working on the BB network.

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

causal wrote:
    There have been a few threads recently about NTL being down in various locations in Dublin at various times.
    BB was down for me in D.16 yesterday morning at about 1.30am but it was back some time before 7:30am. TV signal was fine.
    It might be due to the recent speed increases that they are working on the BB network.

causal

Lots of work going on - speed increases, network dimensioning, Galway and Waterford rollout etc etc....I think they are trying to minimise the impact but with such large scale works it's bound to have some effect...hope it's all worth it in the end :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭causal

Oh yeah, this makes it all worthwhile :)
    Fri, 13 May 2005 01:38:05 GMT
    1st 128K took 521 ms = 251578 Bytes/sec = approx 2093 kbits/sec
    2nd 128K took 521 ms = 251578 Bytes/sec = approx 2093 kbits/sec
    3rd 128K took 530 ms = 247306 Bytes/sec = approx 2058 kbits/sec
    4th 128K took 511 ms = 256501 Bytes/sec = approx 2134 kbits/sec

causal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Me again. The RDY light isn't settling and lots of things are 'not done' on the modem status page. Anybody haven't trouble this morning?

• Advertisement
Advertisement