Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 MTV launch tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

i need info.. give me info... i want it now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

yeah no major updates in since 2:02
    we want more
    we want more
    we want more

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i got it workin. wasnt playin through media player classic so i pled it through windows meadia player and i had to stop and play it a few times before it worked! holy shizzat!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

zzzzzz

i should do some work

www.teamxbox.com has some good stuff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

off topic did the music in kameo trailer remind anybody else of star wars or is it just me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Brock wrote:
    off topic did the music in kameo trailer remind anybody else of star wars or is it just me

That game looks crap as was the music tbh

hmm not sure :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Wasn't Kameo much-delayed on Xbox 1, and got so delayed it's now been shoved in as an Xbox360 launch title?
    And Perfect Dark looks pants. Just saw the shots on 1up, I'm not impressed. I can think of quite a few games this generation that look better.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

some real Perfect dark pics up now doesnt look that great tbh ere

bizmark wrote:
    some real Perfect dark pics up now doesnt look that great tbh ere

it looks pants

next generation?

the only image that looks even half impressive (compared to the current cream of the crop (Resi 4, half life 2, republic commandoe) is the skeletons and even then metroid prime did somethign similar already.

*sigh*

p.s not a fanboy, just someone sick of the insane build up for these next gen consoles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

well lads, I have to admit, I'm not impressed in the slightest....

I've just built myself a PC that's probably more powerful but looks a hell of a lot better!

The design sucks, why make it look like a pc????
    Won't people just say "hell, my pc looks the same, my pc does the same, my pc IS the same!"

I was really expecting a bit more...
    -goes back to play bundled-with games on Mandrake 10-

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Better start saving for those 1080p HDTVs folks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

smokingman wrote:
    I've just built myself a PC that's probably more powerful but looks a hell of a lot better!

The design sucks, why make it look like a pc????
    Won't people just say "hell, my pc looks the same, my pc does the same, my pc IS the same!"

It's quite a little powerhouse actually, regardless of what sort of PC you have, when this thing launches it will put alot of people's systems to shame...for about 6 months.
    Those PPC 970fx cores are really quite something.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

There's no denying (even for Nintendo fanboys like myself :) ) that it's impressive. But swimming through the cloud of marketing c*ap that's been going on all night, I really was expecting they'd wow us but they didn't.

Every corporate marketing buzz word (where's me bingo card!) I've ever heard got used in that in some way and while the presentation was slick the substance was lacking. Is it backward compatible? Is it normal DVDs that's used? (would be a mistake if it was - Sony could quite easily thrash them for that seeing as the PS3 is most probably using blu-ray or the hybrid they've been talking about). What's the battery life on the wireless controller?
    The way allard was talking, you wouldn't be surprised if it disposes with TCP/IP protocols for a version of their own (you just have to look at xp for indications of that coming down the line in longhorn)

...and where's the launch games?
    I've seen ONE game that peaked my interest....and it certainly wasn't perfect dark..

I'd like to see this do good, really!...competition is what's driving this industry for the last few years and if anything, it's the introduction of the first xbox that led to the Revolution being designed so radically (I hope!)...

Need convincing here Bill....think I'll just watch this space and wait for the hype to die down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭r3boot

Like most things microsoft, it doesn't seem to tell you much about the actual product.

Just that its good and thats it !

(think of all the xp/longhorn crap)

Its just the way they market their products.

oh and I agree about the games .... not exactly the best I've seen on a console.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Anyway, might as well put up a link too... :o

http://gamestoaster.typepad.com/games_toaster/2005/05/xbox_360_offici.html

[fecking Dublin airport and there downed wifi, had to pay to use the biz lounge]

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'll have to wait til I get home to look at the video but so far the screenshots I've seen aren't all that impressive. They do look nice but the sad fact is that stuff like ninja gaiden and Resi 4 looks almost on par with the graphics and there are better looking games on the PC. I'm used to the consoles being better than PC's for the first 9 months or so but these look like the xbox360 is playing catch up.

I might also be that the leap from this generation to the next just isn't as big as the last one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Well, it hasn't exactly blown anyone away has it? I've only been looking at screenshots and collected all the information I could on the net this morning, will look at videos when I get home. But so far 'meh' is the only word for it...

Technically, the jump from the previous generation hardware to this generation is huge. Maybe the standard of the screenshots is a product of the big doomsday scenario people have mentioned where developers just can't afford to spend the sort of time required to make games more detailed than they are today.

I do like what I've read about Full Auto by Sega, seems to be somewhat fulfilling my hopes of proper physics and more fleshed out worlds, even if the game itself may turn out to be crap it bodes well for Burnout 4! Looks like we'll have to wait till E3 to see some decent games running on next gen consoles. For some reason I'm a whole lot more hopeful about the Revolution being something truly different than I was before I read all about the XBox 360...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 430 ✭✭Gizzard

Wait am I missing something where is Halo for the new console?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

theres an article on ign.com about a game called gear of war or something that might be good, cant download the vid cos im in work

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

The MTV show is terrible, don't watch it if you value your sanity. 25 mins of crap music, ads in between and about 10 seconds of anything relevent.

sounds pretty much like everything else on MTV (except the music part, usually theres none)

Ghost Recon is the only game that remotely interested me..

I think I know what they are at though. What they released last night was the absolute minimum to satisfy the hype they created.. I think they are holding there trump cards like Halo 3 and PGR3 for E3. If they showed it all now, by the time E3 comes around everyone would have seen it all before and the PS3 would get all the attention..

Sort of makes sense..

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Ghost Recon is the only game that remotely interested me..

I think I know what they are at though. What they released last night was the absolute minimum to satisfy the hype they created.. I think they are holding there trump cards like Halo 3 and PGR3 for E3. If they showed it all now, by the time E3 comes around everyone would have seen it all before and the PS3 would get all the attention..

Sort of makes sense..

yeah, that's probably true.. I'm sure there will be some other announcements too, besides the launch date... some big surprise (maybe not that big or surprising, but anyway).
    The graphics look ok, but not great. Then again, launch titles are never up to the full spec of a machine, these could just be dev. images and there's always the lazy developer thing too.
    Ghost Recon looks sweet, but as always, the type of game will be the important thing, not the crispness of the graphics.

Lets face it, at these sorta events it boils down to what it looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

Lets face it, at these sorta events it boils down to what it looks like.

true, we won't really know much more about the games for a long while, and we won't even know if a good idea is executed well until the reviews come along...

I noticed on eurogamer that people are complaining that there was too much crap about specs and not enough info on the games. As you said, E3 will be the real place for the games, but this was always going to be a confirmation of the leaked pics and a run down of what the machine can do... nothing more

Advertisement