Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 MTV launch tonight

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

god thats offensive...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

I'll agree the graphics don't look like a massive leap but when you look at games like Full Auto (vid here) which has graphics better than PGR2 but is (hopefully) running at 60fps, has massive levels and almost everything is destructable its an impressive feat.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Jesus, what a load of marketing bilge.

TEH FUTURE OF VIDEO GAYMING!!1!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Project Gotham 3: http://www.mtv.com/music/video/index.jhtml?_lpvid=48295

I near wet myself..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

That's more like it. A lot of the starting titles won't be great graphically but i'm sure there will be qa couple of gems. Project Gotham looks great.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

anyone able to download the vid at the bottom of this page
    http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/612/612066p1.html?fromint=1
    and tell me if it looks any good? (cant download vids in work)
    the stills look pretty impressive anyhow its that "gears of war" game

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

No screenshots of the game. Just screens of UT2007 and an article about gears of war which uses the new UT engine and will be available on x-box 360.

BloodBath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭stagolee

BloodBath wrote:
    No screenshots of the game. Just screens of UT2007 and an article about gears of war which uses the new UT engine and will be available on x-box 360.
    BloodBath

aaah cheers mate, i was wondering about that one :)

Edit: although heres another site claiming that they have shots of gears of war and not ut2007 :confused:http://www.gameinformer.com/News/Story/200505/N05.0512.1902.42028.htm

• Advertisement

BloodBath wrote:

BloodBath

What?! That's Gears of War!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭jonnybadd

Watchin it now and jaysus is it poor, an insult to most sane gamers out there. Shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

jonnybadd wrote:
    Watchin it now and jaysus is it poor, an insult to most sane gamers out there. Shocking
    That show sucked ass!!!!!! Why didn't they just call it some music from the Xbox 360 launch party!!!!! :mad:
    We got to see maybe 5 seconds of the b0x!!

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

That show sucked ass!!!!!! Why didn't they just call it some music from the Xbox 360 launch party!!!!! :mad:

The biggest load of **** I have seen in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

just finished watching, yea, what a piece of ****!

if MS thinks that, that show will give them an advantage over E3's PS3 unveiling, they are very wrong.

The american show was worse. In the euro one there was extra footage on during the ad breaks for the american one.

EDIT: Just looked over the american one and alot of the quick clips of game footage were missing and the trip to rare studios. WTF? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Ciaran500 wrote:
    The american show was worse. In the euro one there was extra footage on during the ad breaks for the american one.

EDIT: Just looked over the american one and alot of the quick clips of game footage were missing and the trip to rare studios. WTF? :confused:
    The European show was cut to bits I think - really poor programming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Carbon Blob

Ciaran500 wrote:
    I watched this fully expecting to laugh at the "professional" gamers and the EXTREEEME girl gamers. Instead they cut them out, and gave us Snow Patrol. We also lost "the holy grail of gaming!". I'd say the American one was far better.

Edit: The trip to rare was on, it was on in the ads after it. I just caught it by chance. They seem to be showing the actual content in ads through the night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I was really looking forward to this and it turned out to be a complete waste of an evening. I'm really annoyed now.

How can they expect Xbox fans to stay loyal when they feed us this sh!t. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Carbon Blob

Having just watched the American one, it WAS far better than what we got. The games looked pretty sweet, and on the whole I laughed through most of it. Theirs was a pretty bad attempt to show the system, but at least it was an attempt. Ours was just a Snow Patrol/Killers concert, with much less Frodo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭dceire

Maybe I'm mistaken but I dont think that there was an x-box launch tonight all I saw was a Snow Patrol/Killers concert :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The MTV UK showing was abysmal - nothing to do with XBox. Just watched the US one - a whole lot better, at least you got a glimpse at the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭hal9000

rofl that was pathetic! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

I havent seen it, but what did you expect from MTV?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,400 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

God that was offensive. Looks like we will have to wait until E3 for some decent news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

yeah seriously wtf?

play a few songs, have some random girl bring out a bag, take the console out of the bag and out it on a table some lights come on, few more songs end

grrrr me angry!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

did the guy on that video mention water cooled CPU's?

I'm not a big fan of the whole, the new xbox will do everything you want. I have a PC for that. I want my consoles to play games.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

yea water cooled processors.

also it IS backwards compatible. it wasnt announced but they put it little shorts where you can see halo 2 bein played on it and in the xbox 360 dashboard you can see that fable is on it.

Backward compatibility is "still being worked on" and it's still not known whether it'll make the cut.

• Advertisement

Watercooled as in heatpipes.

Advertisement