Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 MTV launch tonight

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

TimAy wrote:
    did the guy on that video mention water cooled CPU's?

I'm not a big fan of the whole, the new xbox will do everything you want. I have a PC for that. I want my consoles to play games.

To be honest, I don't think you were ever gonna be happy no matter what came about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Kazaanova

All in all I'm pretty impressed by the 360. Its a shame it had to be launched like it was, but if it wasnt for the MTV thing a LOT of people I know wouldnt of even known that the 360 had even been in development. And I'm talking about real gamers, not hardcore gamers, but gamers still.

The 360 looks great, yes, but only compared to the current generation. We still don't have a clue what Nintendo are up to or even what the PS3 is going to be called.

Theres a really good video about the 360 over at Gamespot(you cant miss it). I like the point the editor brings up about the 360 and the Dreamcast being linked. The Dreamcast got this current generation going, was the first out etc. but was destroyed once the Sonys console came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

"Dreamcast being linked. The Dreamcast got this current generation going, was the first out etc. but was destroyed once the Sonys console came out."

...and was the best console ever to be honest...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

*hugs* his dreamcast...awwwwww

Is being first out the only link?

i remember plans by Sega just before launch to instead of releasing a new console after the DC (never got that far) to instead release updates. So DC was designed to be easily upgradable.

Is X-360 doing the same?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

its white.. dreamcast also ran on windows CE i think too.. thats about it...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

There's a big difference between Sega and MS.......MS have bottomless pockets, Sega didn't. I don't think people remember but the Xbox got off to an abysmal start over here. MS were able to throw enough money at that to solve the problem e.g. cut the price by £100 straight away and give everyone who bought it at full price 2 free games and a joypad.

I think a lot comes down on who people precieve the console, a lot of people didn't consider the DC to be "next-gen". Will the same happen to XBox 360? Not with a smart advertising campaign.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

what a crap show, eh?
    by chance i happened to leave on MTV and a little kinda mini show popped up and had an interview with the head of Rare, quite cool though PD Zero doesnt look anything special really.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

evad_lhorg wrote:
    yea water cooled processors.

also it IS backwards compatible. it wasnt announced but they put it little shorts where you can see halo 2 bein played on it and in the xbox 360 dashboard you can see that fable is on it.

I'd say it will be backwards compatible, but there's always the chance that that video was a hint at halo 2.5!!!... I hope they dont rush halo 3 for launch and if they put halo 2.5 on the hard drive it would be pure genius. Put it this way, if they launch halo 2.5 on its own and everyone knows halo 3 isnt far off, only the hardcore will get it. So to give it for "free" they wont lose much money and will instead increase interest.
    Then again, that whole thing could be bullsh*t and there will be on halo 2.5

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

halo3 will be held for the ps3 launch... halo2.5 will be what you'll get with your new iBox 360

Where did you hear that Halo 2.5 thing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭formatman

most likely halo 2 wih the extra map they are releasing in June

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Halo 2.5 was meant to be an updated high def version of Halo 2 to take advantage of the Xbox360. It was all rumours though nothing official AFAIK.

I always thought Halo 2.5 was that map pack thing for Halo 2 that came out a while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

A few things I came across in work yesterday that I thought might be of interest:

(god knows Game are never the best for this type of stuff, but anyway)

We got a sheet of Q and A's in, and I noticed the following:
    It claims the machine will come with a hard drive (20gb), it comes with one wireless controller and can play dvds (it says with the dvd adaptor, but the way it's worded doesnt make it clear if it needs the adaptor or if it's just able to use one...). The list of accessories included a camera (which was odd, as this was originally supposed to be with the machine in the box... unless they've replaced it with the HD). There will also be wired controllers available, and an accessory for charging your wireless ones, which seems to suggest that the console doesn't come with a dock. You can also get replacement battery packs for the controller.
    Please God there will be some kind of charger for the controller, I dont want to be switching 12 AAA batteries over mid-frag!

Advertisement