Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat bb with usb modem

• 12-05-2005 11:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭

Hi
    I just have a question regarding the use of a normal usb modem with esat bb.
    When i install it says dsl connection esablished ,but it wont open web pages or do anything else.
    Anyone knows if there are any particular settings?

I'm using Atlantis I-Storm A01-AU1 usb modem

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

OK, so if you have been using the supplied Zyxel router from BTIreland (IOLBB) sucessfully then you probably hase some settings to configure. Go to the BTIreland.ie website and visit the 'support' pages to get the required settings. These include VPI/VCI and pppoe/pppoa requirments. Then you need to get to the config setings where you enter your username/password combi. Go to the support pages for your new modem at http://www.atlantis-land.com . This is all standard stuff ;) .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Thanks for the reply degsie,but i keep getting the same error 721,the remote computer did not respond.
    Also those settings that u were mentioning
    Mode: Routing
    Encapsulation: PPPoE
    Multiplex: LLC
    VPI: 8
    VCI: 35
    I cant find were to set them, and the atlantis support is quite useless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,749 ✭✭✭degsie

Yep, thats them alright now go to http://www.atlantis-land.com/manuali/2247_A01-AU1_MX01.pdf
    this is the install guide where you will find where to enter this information. I have never used this modem but the support site seems to give good information :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Thanks degsie!!!
    All i had to do was press alt +f and put those values in.Now works perfect.
    Thanks a lot
    ;)

Advertisement