Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trinity Ball

Options
  • 12-05-2005 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭

Good luck to any out there who's going to the ball tomorrow. Sadly I am not going because I wasted most of my year and am paying for it now in terms of cramming but have a good one nonetheless and please....break SOMETHING in that kip for me xxx

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Scruff101

I'm going and I can't wait for tonight!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Anybody got elaborate ways of bunking in? In days of old, before the celtic tiger, the means of getting past security at the Trinity Ball were legendary - hiding under floorboards etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

I tried to hide in a bin in the hamilton, didnt work and was quite smelly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 143 ✭✭Aidan Lynch

What about secret tunnels? I know there are some under Dublin so there must be one that comes out in Trinity somewhere. Anyone know any details of our underground network?

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭scarfacemj

There's a underground wine cellar beneath Front Square so I'm sure you could get in there....and get a free bottle of Blue Nun while you're at it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Anybody go? Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭roxy

Janey, this cloak-and-dagger entry lark is reminding me of visiting the Haus am CheckPoint Charlie! (It's a museum dedicated to the checkpoint and shows the means some people had of smuggling themselves across the border.) I appreciate the analogy is a bit of a stretch, that's why I'm kinda scaring myself.
    (The funny thing is, Davis Hasselhoff complained to the museum that he didn't feature. Naturally, he was intsrumental in bringing down the wall, and was very upset at the snub. True story!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Epid

I went and had a great time. I'm no Trinners (4 de winners) student but managed to get invited and never been there before because in the previous years my (get a job college) exams got in the way.

I must say the line-up of international acts was pretty poor. Sir Muppet Doherty and a dis-interested Mr. Brown. However I thought Kittser and Jape put on great shows and Republic of Loose rocked. They really have a brilliant sound.

I think there is a serious lack of imagination by the organisers, mind you middle or the road MCD were involved in it this year. They should look to be showing some up for it live bands i.e. Super Furries, Doves, Mars Volta, Arcade Fire (that would have been class) rather than drugged out....singers.

Luckily I escaped (through one of those underground tunnels) to the mounting taxi cue.

Mind you fiver a pint, thank god I was wrecked before I got in. That was a bit much, especially since everyone else decided to play bumper cars with me when I had a pint in my hand.

Advertisement