Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students Union and voting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

The thing is thou, that no one is kept informed about any of the college activities. I think the student magazine "The Grapevine" is the only medium in the college with any inflence or audience. The people behind Grapevine should make an attempt at putting issues and archives of the Grapvine online and maybe develop from there so that at least some organisation from within the college is getting a point across!

Anyone ever remember what happened to the college's radio station?? VibeFM, wasnt it?? I think I heard something being broadcast on it once.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

Think it was closed down. Presenters werent great anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Anyone ever remember what happened to the college's radio station?? VibeFM, wasnt it?? I think I heard something being broadcast on it once.

Wasn't part of the SU. Vibe FM had a licence from the BCI (Broadcasting Comission of Ireland) to run as an Institutional Radio Service. Like the ones you get in hospitals.

Either the BCI took it away from them or WIT didn't look for it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭bp_me

I knew it wasn't part of the SU, but I was mentioning it more as a method of the students in the IT to express their views and be informed about what's going on in the college.

Are you sure it was an institutional licence only, because I could easily pick it up at my house, which is 2 miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Sorry it was a community licence. I thought they had it down as part of their Hospitals/Institutions section.

They should try to get it back. The factility is wasted on everyone in the college.

• Advertisement
Advertisement