Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What I drive now......

Options
  • 13-05-2005 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Just a few pics of my new car.... Needs some new alloys I think and a couple of small mods, but in general I think its ok.... :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

Is that a cigarette burn on the drivers seat?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭CTU_Agent

it is yeah...was there before i bought it... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

I like your neighbours blue HR-V. Joy Machine my 4rse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

nice car in good condition!

just be sure to change the oil often (7000 miles) and use ONLY fully synth. I change the oil in mine every 5000miles, overkill but I do a lot of short runs and city driving.

The engine in the A4 & Passat of that eira do not like mineral or semi, it can cause an oil surge and possiblly siezure! Its a known problem with them, so if you are'nt sure when the oil was changed, probably air on the side of caution and change it soon.

thanks for the tip...will do :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

CTU_Agent wrote:
    thanks for the tip...will do :)

I'd blur out the reg number if I were you!

Nice car!

done thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

Best of luck with the car!
    I like your neighbours blue HR-V. Joy Machine my 4rse.

Not quick enough for you? You need the VTEC version :)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

use ONLY fully synth

Careful now! If they car has been running on mineral oil, it is very dangerous to switch to fully synth, especially because it is a bit older

Also is it the Turbo? If so, AFAIK they like higher octane petrol. Planning on chipping it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Put on some chromes and your sorted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Careful now! If they car has been running on mineral oil, it is very dangerous to switch to fully synth, especially because it is a bit older

yea, normally id agree. It shouldnt be on mineral anyway but ye never know who's been messing with it.

I remember researching these cars to death before I bought one. Many many reports of the engines failing on mineral oil, even on high milage.

Also, what is a good place to get these chipped? I have a 97 passat that could do with some extra umph to haul its heavy ass.

Advertisement