Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Region forums questions

Options
  • 13-05-2005 9:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed these before I logged in on the region forums where the boards.ie logo is

vbulletin3_logo_dublincity.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_limerickcity.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_corkcity.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_galwaycity.gif
    vbulletin3_logo_belfastcity.gif

They don't seem to be visible on any style when logged in. How long have they been there (probably months :D )

Also I notice they are pushing the advertisements off the page to the right, they might need to be made a little bit smaller.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

Months, only on the default skin, but I dont have that problem with the ads.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Also I notice they are pushing the advertisements off the page to the right, they might need to be made a little bit smaller.

I'll think you'll find it is cities with unfashionably long names that do that. Cities with proper short names have no such problem.

Cities with short names naturally rock and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

nesf wrote:
    I'll think you'll find it is cities with unfashionably long names that do that. Cities with proper short names have no such problem.

Cities with short names naturally rock and so on.

actually Cork pushes the adverts off too :D

they seem to be only visible on white style, and only when logged out.

I knew about the domain names being bought by cloud, but didnt know about the logo change as normally I use Cloud style.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

No idea what you're talking about, I can't see these logos, but I would say it's part of the Admin's portal site plan, to create "Shopfronts" for some of the forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

try going to the city forums from here

http://dontlogin.boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Aha. That's weird. I accessed www.boards.ie from a different browser (i.e. not logged in) and they didn't appear.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

actually Cork pushes the adverts off too :D

Yeah I know, same banner width and all that. Permit me my little jokes ;)

Advertisement