Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thanks Ireland Offline

Options
  • 13-05-2005 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads just a quick note to say thanks. I have finally joined the broadband age after years of frustrated waiting, and it is thanks to Ireland Offline. My line which has consistantly failed the DSL test since day one passed after Eircoms so called lowering of the test criteria. Without the additional pressure that Ioffl exerted on companies like Eircom and on Government I believe we would still be back in the stone age. I am now on trial with UTV and have a very fast connection onto the Internet (which begs the question how much extra profit did Eircom make off me over the years that I had to keep my ISDN line). Next Week once I am sure that all is running ok I will be ringing Eircom to cancel my ISDN line (that will be a very happy day!).

Lads if you need anything from me just PM.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Can you elaborate a tad on this mysterious 'lowering' of the criteria .....like are you 5km from the exchange for example ?

How did you get Eircom to accept this and provision you ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I saw it in a post here that apparently the criteria had been lowered on the tests (I immediately checked the line and it passed, so I order a DSL trial straight away), I do not know what parametres etc that have lowered but a line that before "was not and never will be capable of running DSL" is running it perfectly well now. If you failed before I suggest you check the online test system on eircom.ie your line may be passing now.

Believe me I went all the way to the top with emails and phone calls into Eircom, Comreg the works and no one would lift a finger to fix the line, looks like it never needed fixing at all. But hey they got a few more years ISDN rental from me in the bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Can you elaborate a tad on this mysterious 'lowering' of the criteria .....like are you 5km from the exchange for example ?

How did you get Eircom to accept this and provision you ?

David mcredmond did an interview awhile back on Todayfm i believe where he said the criteria had or would be lowered, shortly after that my line which was permanently failing passed as well

Shin

• Registered Users Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Cryos

Dang! will they lower the criteria again :) maybe to 6k's :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Regarding the lowering of criteria in the line test, there is a garage about 3.5 km from the local exchange in town (Drogheda). This line used to pass the line test but when I checked it after this reduction in test-passing limits it failed it. This really suprised me as Eircom did not touch the line recently. Any ideas?

• Advertisement
Advertisement