Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

help regarding insurance of a car!!!

Options
  • 13-05-2005 9:40am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭

Hi Morning Every one Till its morning !!!
    Thank God Friday !!

Just wana ask one thing

My Brother

Age =23
    Sex =Male
    Driving Liscense = Learning liscence
    Car=under one litre
    Driving History= Has been driving since last 8 years never had accident

wants to insure his car for the first time.He spoke to AXA they gave him
    quote for

2500 Euros :eek:
    plus he must have 5 driving lessons :eek:
    Plus they will fit some GPS system in the care :eek: <totally stupid approach>

Has anyone has any alternatives
    Any cheap insurence companies

Sugessions welcomed

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

Driving since he was 15? - uninsured??
    Just try all the insurance companies and use the best quote, Quinn Direct and Britton are the cheapest..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

probably shouldnt have been driving without insurance for 8 years?

motors forum is over there somewhere>>>>>>

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭zoro

My first quote - a year ago, with a provisional license, on a fiat punto (my mam's car) ...

wait for it ...

here it is ...

e7,500 <--- NO JOKE!
    Talk about f*cking ridiculous?
    I'm 22 now, and I'll be trying again - but f*ck me that's just not on :/

As for the GPS system - I've heard about that before. I would flat out refuse to drive in the car if that was a condition. I jsut don't trust them to be 100% accurate 100% of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah something here doesn't add up.
    8 years driving. Provisional licence. but I thought that you can only get 3 provos and they last 2 years each = 6 years.... surely though if he has been driving for the last 8 years he will have built up a NCB as a named driver??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Dublin8

Well he is from pakistan and there u dont neet insurance :eek:
    you just need to have a car and he has one :D
    thats de way it is

kenmc wrote:
    yeah something here doesn't add up.
    8 years driving. Provisional licence. but I thought that you can only get 3 provos and they last 2 years each = 6 years.... surely though if he has been driving for the last 8 years he will have built up a NCB as a named driver??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

If your brother is a fairly competent driver he should apply for the driving test as soon as possible. More insurance companies would give him a quote and it would be in the region of half what he is quoted now

In the meantime, I'm afraid €2500 is probably what he will have to pay. Ring ALL insurance companies though to see can he get a better quote

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Yeah and be sure he cleans the car if he is a smoker :D
    Insurance companies more likely will not entertain his Pakistan experiences and the quote you got is not that bad comparing to other astronomic quotes new young drivers get here.

Advertisement