Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recondition alloy wheels

Options
  • 13-05-2005 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Anyone know where you can have alloy wheels reconditioned in Ireland?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Thumper Long

i was given the name of a place in kilmainham called thornton tyres (spelling) i haven't gotten around to calling in to them so i cant critique their work will hopefully get in to them in the next forthnight

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

There is an engineering workshop in Longford who repair - (weld, machine, true and polish) alloy wheels, I will get a number for you if this is what you mean by 'recondition'. If yiu just want them re-painted, most bodyshops will fill the dents and throw a coat of paint on for you.

'c

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

There's a place in Clonmel that have a special machine for fixing buckled alloys too. If you're around Cork a lot of people recommend Body Image in Ballincollig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

dont know where you are based
    there is a place in forkhill in Dundalk reconditions Alloys (repairs scratches and scrapes) called McCoy's i think they charge €75 per alloy but they do a pretty good job

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

guy called liam collins in bray

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Cyrus wrote:
    guy called liam collins in bray

Did you get yours sorted?

yeah,

i bought new ones :D

never miss a genuine opportunity

seriously tho i just decided to get something slightly different as the teledials are common!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Cyrus wrote:
    yeah,

i bought new ones :D

never miss a genuine opportunity

seriously tho i just decided to get something slightly different as the teledials are common!

Thats something to consider as suppose. Reconditioning wouldn't be cheap would it.

depends i was quoted 80 a wheel, decided not to bother

Advertisement