Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cynic interview

Options
  • 13-05-2005 9:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Good interview here where Paul Masvidal talks about the early days of the Flodida scene and loads loads more :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

What a great read - cheers for digging that up Doc :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Hmmmmm... suddenly got the urge to listen to Focus again :p

Yup, it's time.

And Pestilence! it's been years...!

Edit - just noticed that mp3 link - will check it out when i get home :)

You'll be surprised, possibly not in a good way ;)

Testimony Of The Ancients, of couse? :p

Testimony (of Ancient1 :p ), of course, and Consuming Impulse.

I saw Consuming Impulse and Malleus Maleficarum on CD in original print in a shop a while ago, by the time i raced to the ATM and back, they were both gone :(

Wait til i get my hands on the bastard who got them minutes before me :mad:

• Advertisement

Buy this and feel better :D

aaaaaaaarrrrrrr :eek: :eek:

Must....control.....self.....

Damn you, just when i decided to take a break from ruining myself financially with this terrible ebay affliction, you throw this at me!

:D

If you can get it at that near price you'll have saved money... in an odd sort of way :)

I know...it's already on my watch list.

I'm becoming rather good at this bidding business which is very very dangerous...i'm supposed to be paying off my visa bill (monstrous) but then i signed up for ebay :o

Wanna know what made me sign up?

Showdown! - Albert Collins, Robert Cray, Johnny Copeland, 1985.

Beat that.

Well, there was a Watchtower live dvd I just missed out on... and an original Cynic demo tape :(

• Advertisement

Tell me about it...and who said life wasn't hard?

:p

Btw, did you say you had some Aeon Spoke material? Is it worth a listen (i'm sure it is, alone because of the line-up, but you know what i mean)?

Yeah, got the album... If I didn't know who was playing I'd proabaly hate it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Good read. :D

Like what I've heard of Aeon Spoke, but thats only 3 songs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭Shred

Good read, cheers for the heads-up Ancient1 :)

What an absolute crying shame it is that Cynic didn't go on to record more albums, Focus is a fantastic album! :(

It is a damn shame - after years of gigging, demoing, blood and sweat, they put out a total masterpiece and then go their separate ways.

And we're left with chasing each individual musician's solo projects and related bands...nothing wrong with that :) , but they should have gone on together.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Funnily enough I was having a root around record stores today (as usual) and was just thinking that I should probably get some Cynic. Is their stuff all out of print, I couldn't find any today.

There's only one album, Focus, and it was re-issued last year but I haven't seen it in any shops here. You'd get it off cduniverse.com and the likes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I picked up my copy in France in February. :) Apparently they're not making them anymore, which is a huge shame, as I think everyone who can appreciate metal should own it.

Indeed, it's an album that almost 12 years later still gets my full attention every time I listen. There are only a select handful of cds I can say the same about.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Excellent interview, I must say.

Damn wish I could've heard that Mahavishnu Orchestra cover that wasn't released, they're quite amazing.

Advertisement