Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 6230i avail for 119 euro on Meteor Billpay!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

in the interest of harping on constantly about bugs... Have any of the new 6230i owners experienced any of the bugs discussed on the expansys website - http://www.expansys.ie/forum.asp?code=119374

Some pretty dodgy sounding ones there.. like ringtone volume, lockups, reboots & shutdowns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jgi

Just to set the record straight,

The Nokia 6230i is available exclusively to Carphone Warehouse in limited quantities and for first time connection to Meteor Postpay only. The phone is only available for purchase in CPW busiest stores, i.e. Grafton St, Henry St, Liffey Valley S.C etc.

At present it is not possible to port from Meteor pre-pay to Meteor post-pay. Meteor will not port a customer who ported to another network for one week from that port completing. When you sign up you cannot move down in tariff for 6 months. The phones are sim-free but they are also closely monitored by Meteor’s security system.

jgi wrote:
    The phones are sim-free but they are also closely monitored by Meteor’s security system.

Care to elaborate on that? It's all sounding a bit CIA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭litirspam

jgi wrote:
    The phones are sim-free

Do you not get a Meteor sim card?

Well yeah.. cos you have to take up a contract in order to get the offer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

jgi wrote:
    The phones are sim-free but they are also closely monitored by Meteor’s security system.

So in other words no buying it to resell on eBay for profit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jgi

At present in CPW you cannot port from Meteor Prepay to Meteor Postpay. Whomever told you that if you port from Meteor Prepay to Vodafone or o2 Postpay just to port back to Meteor Postpay are wrong. Meteor have told their dealer relations department not to port any customer who done the above back to Meteor for at least a week.

If you want to get a Meteor contract, make sure to bring in a in date Irish Driving Licence or Passport and a Utility Bill or Bank Statement dated within the last three months. If you do not have a Irish Driving Licence or Passport, you can bring in a Foreign Passport and two forms of address proof.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

If you go into the Meteor shop on Grafton street do they have it? and can they switch you from a PAYG to bill pay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Man at this stage is all over the place. even in Meath

Look

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,616 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

hey lads how do the cpw pay monthly work [what do you get for your money]
    i rather vodafone

i prefere to get it ready to go but it cost alot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Mobile Sense

Its easy to do takes about an hous any Meteor store does it for you :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Sorry for dragging this thread up, but does anyone know if you can change your subscription on Meteor from Talk 400 to Talk 60 after buying this phone, or do you have to stay on whwatever tarriff you buy the phone on for a year?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Airwaves

you can change after 6 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

jgi wrote:

Haha... What are they monitoring for because there isn't much they can technically monitor..

Advertisement