Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A word on network locking

Options
  • 13-05-2005 10:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭

Hey,

My ATA was subsidised by my VoIP service provider ("Pay 6 months subscription in advance, get the adapter for free"). However, they forgot to lock it, and I have access to all its innards. I got a friend who's also got the ATA subsidised, and he only has access to the IP settings.

I noticed that I couldn't establish a connection with a softphone (though it worked the week before), and went in the config page to find that the ATA was only using the G729 codec, even though it was previously set to fall back to other codecs. The ATA was setup to load new software and configuration daily from the VSP's website. I found that pretty odd.

Anyway, I was wondering if the equipment you got from blueface was locked or not, i.e. do you have access to everything inside it?

Cheers,
    JP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭WillieFlynn

I think that Aaron from blueface, has said that they are unlocked.

If you email him at support@blueface.ie he will confirm it for you. (He is good at replying to emails quickly)

Willie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭aaronc

I think that Aaron from blueface, has said that they are unlocked.

If you email him at support@blueface.ie he will confirm it for you. (He is good at replying to emails quickly)

Willie.
    Blue Face don't lock adapters.

Aaron

Advertisement