Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rocky VI

• 13-05-2005 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/05/13/story202312.html

Sylvester Stallone has astonished fans by announcing his intention to make Rocky VI.

The 58-year-old is keen to bring the popular story back to the big screen, 15 years after retiring the fictional boxing legend.

He says: "I'm still working out, so why not? I'll take a shot at it. It's all about the message and the scepticism, because when you reach a certain age people become sceptical about what you can do.

"You may not have the skill but you can have the will and that can drive you through."

LOL

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Kennington

Isnt this old news? Like his published his own magazines months ago and included part of the script for it, I really hope its gonna be good, and I kinda liked Rocky V

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

"its the eeeeyyyyeee offfff the tiger.....la la la la"

Obviously the steroids have seaped into his tiny brain a little to much......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

All the info you need Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭Fudger

Lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭Glipmac

the sipmsons may be right then, in one of the epsiodes bart says something about rocky II and rocky V which = Rocky VII Adrians Revenge thay were ok but the rocky with MR T in was the best I PITTY YHE FOOL!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

uberwolf wrote:
    He says: "I'm still working out, so why not?

Rocky IV and Rocky V is 'why not'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Life imitating art judging by that poster on the wall in Airplane II: the sequel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

This must be a joke! I can't believe he would stoop so low :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

Finally, something to look forward to in the cinema...

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Devious

I think what we all REALLY want is a "Rambo IV"! A "Driven" television mini series anyone? Or how about a prequel trilogy to "Stop Or My Mom Will Shoot!" Come on Sly, you've got tonnes of other quality material to work with here!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Obviously the steroids have seaped into his tiny brain a little to much......

Lol!
    I think what we all REALLY want is a "Rambo IV"!

Rambo IV: Return to outer Mongolia

This time, its personal

But seriously, a new Rocky movie would be cool, I'd be seriously looking forward to seeing it in the Cinema!

I hope they do make Rocky VI. Stallone is one of those great actors who got swept up in the action genre in the 80s and never truely recovered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I hope they do make Rocky VI. Stallone is one of those great actors who got swept up in the action genre in the 80s and never truely recovered.

A "great" somehow slipped into that sentence :p

It was delibertly slipped in. Stallone is a very good actor and has proven that on many an ocassion. All you have to do is watch Copland, D-Tox, Shade, Get Carter or Rocky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Pigman II wrote:
    Rocky IV and Rocky V is 'why not'.

ahh cmon, IV was the best in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

i heard of this about a year or two ago, i think i heard it from stallone himself on Conan O Brian, or Jay Leno, i can't remember which.

I heard Mr T is going to be an announcer in it. That may not be true though.

I personally look foward to another Rocky. I wonder if they'll start this one with the ending of V?

''Yeah you knocked him down why don't you try knocking me down now''

dun dun DUN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭BrookieD

Hi All,
    check out the link below which has scanned pages of the first six pages of the script for the new Rocky film.

Click Here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 535 ✭✭✭bonzai bob

But Paulie is dead? Or is he talking from beyond the grave? I can't believe they
    killed adrian off. Who is rocky gonna have his heart to heart with mid film before the last fight a la on the beach?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Lol!

Rambo IV: Return to outer Mongolia

This time, its personal

But seriously, a new Rocky movie would be cool, I'd be seriously looking forward to seeing it in the Cinema!

I don't know how to break it to you, but he really IS considering doing Rambo 4! :eek: But then again it might end up as one of the endless list of "maybe sequels" that rumours crop up about, like "Conan The King" and"Taxi Driver 2"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

BrookieD wrote:
    Hi All,
    check out the link below which has scanned pages of the first six pages of the script for the new Rocky film.

Click Here

Okay. I'm just gonna come out and say this. I'm actually really looking forward to this film after reading the bit of the script!!!! It's far to easy to be cynical about this film, just embrace the cheese!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Alvix

Rocky Balboa will be fighting Vin Diesel! and Pierce Brosnan and Cameron Diaz will be starring in it! thats the roumers..and I cant tell more then that.. sorry guys.. :rolleyes: and no Paulie doesnt die though someone else will :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Glipmac wrote:
    the sipmsons may be right then, in one of the epsiodes bart says something about rocky II and rocky V which = Rocky VII Adrians Revenge thay were ok but the rocky with MR T in was the best I PITTY YHE FOOL!!!!

Defo the best!!!Ou i hope he does a new rocky , I love the rocky films!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 i R baboon

another rocky would be class, all five of em rule. stallone is under rated as an actor, and he's highly intelligent in any interviews iv seen of him. the irony of this is that rocky II just ended on cbbc/bbc3

Advertisement