Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

singer songwriter galway

Options
  • 13-05-2005 11:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16

Hi,
    I'm just hoping someone can give me advice on setting up a band. I'm a singer songwriter interested in getting a few musicians on board and have been looking for some direction on where to find people of like mind in Galway.

The stuff I write is more folk than anything so I thought this thread should be in the trad section. If anyone can advise me on how to go about sourcing potential people or where musicians/bands advertise in Galway I'd much appreciate it. I'm talking late 20's early 30's. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Local newspaper, stick an ad in the classifieds. also the buy and sell

does galway bay FM have a traditional irish music program? ask them if they can put out a message for you.

there is also the bands/musicians forum on boards.ie

hope some of this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 908 ✭✭✭Whiskey Devil

Try advertising in local music shops, irish music mag, going to local folk sessions etc. You might find a guitarist who knows a fiddle player or bassist or whatever you are looking for. Good luck with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Sibh

Many thanks for taking the time to reply guys, much appreciated! Will get onto it right away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 audiomonkey

Theres an open songwriters session every tuesday night in Winkles Kinvara.
    Theres always a few trad musicians hanging about.

Advertisement