Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wiremen .... I'm suicidal

Options
  • 13-05-2005 12:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭

Will someone please please please take that Fúcking Wiremen radio ad, and stick it where the sun don't shine !!!

4 weeks now, it's driving me mad, I actually turn off the radio.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Can't say I know it but will someone please do the same with the Tallaght Ford ad?

TALLLLAGHT ! TALLLAGHT FORD ! Four, double 0, double 0, double 4!

Hmmm... That gives me an idea (Picks up phone, dials...)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Apparently Shay Healy is planning on getting rid of the current Wiremen ad, but I'd expect to hear another variation of it in it's place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

You're just jealous cos wherever they go they have the craic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

They can have whatever the fuck they like as long as I don't have to hear about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭robo

The Wireman ad - just heard about 20 minutes ago again and they have now added people's opions of the show - 1 womean said that she would definitely go again...is it really that good!
    Well the ad is doing well since we are discussing it - same as the Taalaght Ford Ad - Mr Joe Soap knows the number off by heart there! :p

the simple fact is - the more annoying the ad - the more we bloody remeber it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

robo wrote:
    the simple fact is - the more annoying the ad - the more we bloody remeber it!

And the more we dedicate ourselves to securing its demise! It's not as if annoying ads (Harvey Norman, Wiremen, Tallaght Ford, whatever) make us want to go out and buy their products. Au contraire if I'm being honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭ThatBloke

It creates awareness though, that's their primary aim.

Just look at those F*CKING ringtone ads...actually I won't get into that rant or I'll ruin my good mood

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

Radio advertisers are the rejects from the glamour medium of teevee and use the airwaves to repeatedly remind us, the innocent uberconsumers, how bitter they are by inflicting ads such as those mentioned above on us.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

the wiremen ad is vile. that fúcking song "you know we'll have the craic before the day is out" *shudder*

Advertisement