Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Rock back in the WWE

• 13-05-2005 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

As posted on another site.

The Rock and Vince McMahon are on good terms and Rock is back with WWE. As it stands, he will work whenever they are close to him if his schedule allows him to do so.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Which won't be very often.. He's involved with 7 films at the moment, I think it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 424 ✭✭a-hole

well hes always entertaning when hes on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

Rock and Vince have always been on good terms, if it wasn't for Vince where would the Rock be now?

It's very true that Rock is involved in a lot of films for the next 18 months, so if there was any chance of him turning up I would love to see him come back for 3 to 6 months, not this one off night, to put someone over or make babyface wrestler look good.

Really what more is there for the Rock to do? in wrestling at 33? all he is good for at the end of the day is make Raw ratings rise a little!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 520 ✭✭✭TheGreatOne

I'd love to see the guy come back for a proper stint, like a full PPV calender year, before his wrestling days are really over, regain the title and run with it for a couple of months, it would be awesome.

If they ran a story like Rock returning to show HHH who's the real "Diamond" in the wrestling business. He could say stuff like "Your nothing..." and take the piss out of Hunter for appearing in like 1 movie, his promo's would be absolutely priceless as always. Rock taking the belt from HHH would be so satisfying, it would be the best heel/face showdown in a good while. One last feud between those two would be amazing..!

Never happen tho, I can only dream. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭maxtrax

Please, please not another HHH vs Rock match?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭TOPDAWG

We kinda overdosed on those during the mcamahon/helmsley era didnt we!! Dont get me wrong it was one of the longest greatest feud in wwe history and produced some very good matches and moments but we were seriously overloaded on it by the end.

Only match they didnt have was a lingerie match................actually the more i think about it every mens match IS a lingerie match!!

We whoop and holler for the chance of maybe seeing a thong (buy FHM or sumtin!) but thats what the female fans get in every match!! Jammy gits!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,973 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

I may not be the biggest Rock fan ever but I think if he came back for one ppv calender year it would be great, it would be highly entertaining - just think of all those funny promos, and a classic HHH vs Rock Feud is just what WWE needs right now to boost the ratings again.

TOPDAWG wrote:
    We kinda overdosed on those during the mcamahon/helmsley era didnt we!! Dont get me wrong it was one of the longest greatest feud in wwe history and produced some very good matches and moments but we were seriously overloaded on it by the end.

I see your point and its a very valid one, too much of a good thing can turn people off it. However the two current championship feud situations in the WWE are hardly exhilerating, we've discussed this an endless amount of times here! A Rock/HHH feud would blow any of the tripe we've seen over the last two years out of the water, it would take the WWE up another level imho. I don't think anyone could deny that they would love to see just one last showdown. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Legend_Killer

I would love to see the rock come back as a heel. I dont think anyone touches him in that respect, nor do i think anyone touches him full stop!

I would love to see the rock come back as a heel. I dont think anyone touches him in that respect, nor do i think anyone touches him full stop!

Yep, he's the ultimate definition of One of a kind. We'll never see the likes of him again in sports entertainment imo, at least not in my lifetime.

• Advertisement
Advertisement