Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PayPal vs. Payment Processor?

Options
  • 13-05-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of using PayPal (plus shopping cart) on a new site I'm going to develop. Anyone have any advice whether this is a good idea, rather than using a payment processor. I believe there's less work with PayPal. I've no background in programming/scripts as such. All I know is XHTML and CSS.

My previous post informed me of osCommerce but didn't elaborate. Is this a good approach?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭nahdoic

PayPal now allows irish merchants to pay for purchases instantly without having customers signing up to be paypal members.

I can think of no reason for new businesses starting out on the web not to use paypal. You won't get a better deal elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

That sounds like a great option. At least you wont lose customers who are reluctant of opening a PayPal a/c. Thanks. I'm on the right track now!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Make sure your paypal account is an international verified one

You've lost me here! How do I do this and what will it mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Basically you signup with paypal and upgrade your account to a full business one. There is some level of verification so that they can say that your account is verified. It should be covered in more detail in their FAQ

• Advertisement

Thanks for the help. Much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 highonsnow

I have Paypal tightly integrated to my website for selling PHP scripts.. It's highly effective and requires little manual maintanance.

I recommend the use of Paypal's IPN or using Payment Data Transfer and Auto Return for Website Payments for handling the logging of your customers payments.

It's extremely useful and looks very professional.

Advertisement