Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSC Thesis Proposal: Semantic Web & (Web Services | Integration)

Options
  • 13-05-2005 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭

Well seeing this post (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=254976) I thought maybe I could ask for some feedback on a thesis topic as well.

Basically I'm starting the Thesis part of my MSc. I'm trying to come up with a topic that involves Semantic Web Technologies and Theory and applies these to some aspect of Business to Business Applications.

For example looking at convergence of Semantic Web ideas and Web Services or examining the impact of Semantic Web ideas on the area of EAI (Enterprise Application Integration). ie Instead of Application Level Integration, integrating at the data level.

My degree was in Computational linguistics background and my work involves Webmethods for EAI. My lecturers are pretty clueless about this area so really I have to come up with a topic myself.

The problem is that I'm finding it tough to find a specific area that is current enough and would make a good thesis. If anybody is working on similar projects in University or in their Work I would love to hear from you and exchange ideas.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I'm just wrapping up my MSc thesis on e-learning using semantic web technologies. The specifics are a bit long-winded to go into here, but you can find my e-mail and IM details in my profile, so if you'd like to e-mail me, I'd be happy to send you a current draft of my thesis and talk over the topic area in general.

E-Learning is considered one of the areas with real potential to be improved by the semantic web, although I know of a couple of media-based projects using semantic technologies, like Audioscrobbler. In particular, these make use of web services, so that might be of interest to you. In my own area, the work of Peter Dolog is pretty cutting-edge, and some of his work also delves into web services.

One question out of interest - is this a taught MSc or a research MSc you're doing?

Advertisement