Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battlefield 2 specs & Preview

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

Spear wrote:
    You're just gonna see more of this. Shaders are more and more important now, and the 4600 only has two v.1.1 pixel shaders. Compare that to a 6800GT with 6 v3.0 shaders instead. Switch up to just 6600GT or so and you'll really notice the difference.
    The 4600 is his old card. Upgraded to something madly crazy sexy cool. Dunno the model off hand.

/me shakes fist!!11

I have a gig of PC3200 RAM in my machine, that should be enough if it does indeed run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 323 ✭✭yawn

can't wait for this

hope my rig can handle it

amd xp 2700+
    2.2 ghz
    768ram
    radeon 9800pro but it can be well oc'd :D masssive heatsink and 2 cpu fans attached for cooling :D (300mhz overclocked to 532 :P )
    200 gig hdd
    80gig backup

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭freekhead

lol check my sig..............

ill have no worries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,314 ✭✭✭Nietzschean

how can a psu be SLI compliant?

about of power required to run the two cards

2 x 6 pin PCI-Express VGA Connectors for SLi Compatibility

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Darth Bobo wrote:
    how can a psu be SLI compliant?

Its just another 'buzz' word made up by nVidia and used by PSU companies to make their PSU look better then others. Most top quality powerful PSU's would be able to handle SLI no problem, but that extra nvidia sli sticker gives them a extra bit of price and income :)

Winters wrote:
    Its just another 'buzz' word made up by nVidia and used by PSU companies to make their PSU look better then others. Most top quality powerful PSU's would be able to handle SLI no problem, but that extra nvidia sli sticker gives them a extra bit of price and income :)

so your 4 pin molex connector when magicly rubbed will transform into a 6 pin sli connector:)

freekhead wrote:
    so your 4 pin molex connector when magicly rubbed will transform into a 6 pin sli connector:)
    It depends, are those extra 2 pin's carrying a different voltage?

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭Zyox

dregin wrote:
    The 4600 is his old card. Upgraded to something madly crazy sexy cool. Dunno the model off hand.

/me shakes fist!!11

I have a gig of PC3200 RAM in my machine, that should be enough if it does indeed run.

6800 Ultra :P

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭JacoStanley

Can a Dell Dimension 4600 be upgraded from 512mb RAM to 1024mb? If so, any links as to where I can buy it??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Darth Bobo wrote:
    It depends, are those extra 2 pin's carrying a different voltage?
    No, it doesn't "depend.

The SLI power connector on the card can easily be fed from two standard 4-pin molex connectors, as long as your PSU can supply the required power.

Get a solid 550W ATX12V ver.2.0 PSU and you can run just about any sort of uni-processor SLI rig (not accounting for luxuries like 10-disk raid5 arrays etc.)

Can a Dell Dimension 4600 be upgraded from 512mb RAM to 1024mb? If so, any links as to where I can buy it??
    www.shop4memory.com - based in Celbridge, Co. Kildare.

SyxPak wrote:
    No, it doesn't "depend.
    well it does(as diff voltage would make combination hard...), but irrelevent as same voltage.
    The SLI power connector on the card can easily be fed from two standard 4-pin molex connectors, as long as your PSU can supply the required power.
    So in actuality then ye could just supply it off one 4 pin molex ? This one of those things like the 6800 ultra having 2 power connectors on it?

Yeah, pretty much, though *ideally* you'd configure the 12V to balance the rails as much as possible (highly dependent on your PSU config).

Most adapters use two Molex into one SLI, gives you a bit of flexibility.

SyxPak wrote:
    www.shop4memory.com - based in Celbridge, Co. Kildare.

Cheers for that, quite reasonably priced. However, can I just buy another stick of 512mb to upgrade my existing 512 or will I have to buy a 1gb stick and remove what I have already?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Depends on your motherboard.

If you have slots free you can just buy more ram and add it in. You can mix and match 512 and 1gb sticks of ram.

Though having matched pairs is advisable in a P4 system to avail of dual-channel.

if you have one stick of 512Meg already, buy another stick of 512 at the same clock speed and timings.

I just went and bought something online. When I get it, I'll stick it in and see what happens. Until then, thank you very much./

Advertisement