Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partridge released

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

I can see Coventry signing him, if not, I'd love Shels to try and snap him up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,982 ✭✭✭Big Ears

:( oh well , lets hope he goes somewhere with first team football and that he doesn't get any injuries .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Nah, he won't be short of offers in the Championship. Might get a few in the Prem too. Maybe Mick McCarthy will sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

But hes not very good and has been playing very little high class football for the last 5 years. Its Championship if hes lucky, Eircom if hes not.

He was very good in his younger days but really I dont think he has developed well enough to consistently perform at a high level anymore. Time will tell though

Hed be a great signing for Bohs if they could manage it. They could use a decent right winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Im sure Mick will sign him, signs every irish player there is :)

• Advertisement

Draupnir wrote:
    But hes not very good and has been playing very little high class football for the last 5 years. Its Championship if hes lucky, Eircom if hes not.

He was very good in his younger days but really I dont think he has developed well enough to consistently perform at a high level anymore. Time will tell though

Hed be a great signing for Bohs if they could manage it. They could use a decent right winger.
    I dunno Draupnir, what are you basing this on? Who knows, maybe if he didn't come on against Boro Liverpool wouldn't have made it to the Carling Cup final. He came on in that game and completely changed it and set up the first goal. I still think he's a quality player. Liam Miller only started 15-20 times for Celtic and he's the same age. John Aldridge was about 28 before most of us heard of him. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

might be a good move for shels.. he could be playin the CL before he knows it !!:)

I still have hopes for him making it on the international scene but I haven't seen him play in a while. If he's not up to it at that level then I'd love to see him in the Eircom league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

might be a good move for shels.. he could be playin the CL before he knows it !!:)

he'll have a winners medal this season. Anywhere else will be a step down. :D

Stekelly wrote:
    he'll have a winners medal this season. Anywhere else will be a step down. :D
    Does anyone know if Darren Potter will get a medal (winners or runners-up) in the CL this season? He came on played in the two Graz games (started 1) and also came on against Leverkusen. It'd be a dream first season for him if he has a champions league winners medal to hang up. :)

• Advertisement

Anyone in the nominated champions league squad gets a medal I think, so since he's played than obviously he was in the squad and will get either a winners or runners up medal I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,479 ✭✭✭wheres me jumpa

partridge is a player il be honest and say i havent seen much of. but i have heard so much about him. (he wasnt too bad in champ manager either!)

so i hope he gets a chance with at least a championship team. mick mc would by the looks of it be his best hope of premiership football. is he capped? because if he is i presume it was mick that capped him?

Not capped but has been in a senior Ireland squad but it was Givens who called him up not Mick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

in fairness though he's been living on his potential for a while now. if he was at the level required i think we can trust that benitez would have offered him at least another year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭ianomccabe

Richie Partridge had the opportunity of staying at Liverpool this season, something which he turned down to try further himself so to say he has been released is untrue. He will stay in England and has had offers already from championship clubs but i would imagine will wait until the end of the season before making a decision. I would say the likelihood of him going to the eircom league is slim to none. I seen him play a number of ressie games this season for Liverpool and he put in some sterling performances in a team which got a ridiculously low points tally all season. Surprisingly enough him and semi were two of the best performers in the games i've seen and both are on their way.

Anyone who has folowed Richie's career (im lookin at you here Eirebhoy!) will see that it wasn't just potential that he lived off he could actually back it up had he not have been struck down with such torrid injuries. SOme players never come back from one cruciate ligament nevermind two so this is something for which i believe he should be commended. He is Liverpool's 2nd longest serving player apart from carragher and surely that is a sign that he is a talent and not just another youngster who was tipped for the big time.

As for the champions league medal situation i heard that the winners get 25 medals so how these would be distributed within the club i don't know.

eirebhoy wrote:
    Does anyone know if Darren Potter will get a medal (winners or runners-up) in the CL this season? He came on played in the two Graz games (started 1) and also came on against Leverkusen. It'd be a dream first season for him if he has a champions league winners medal to hang up. :)

Not sure, it depends if he was named in the 25 man squad for the group stages.

ianomccabe wrote:
    As for the champions league medal situation i heard that the winners get 25 medals so how these would be distributed within the club i don't know.

Baros' one should be given to someone in the youth squad.

Stekelly wrote:
    Baros' one should be given to someone in the youth squad.

i think rafa should take the medal off him after the game, stick it on ebay and then use the money to buy a decent striker!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I think you are all talkin through your respective holes,
    Baros i dont like him either but he deserves a medal as much as anyone in the squad he did alot for us in the CL run.
    i imagine welsh,potter, and obviously mellor,pongolle and le tallec will all get medals.

mayordenis wrote:
    I think you are all talkin through your respective holes,

someone needs to learn to take a joke! do u really think i believe rafa should take the medal and put it on ebay???

get real!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Sorry, who got the peno/goal against Chelsea?
    Garcia put it in the net, but Baros got on the end of Gerrards pass.
    I don't think him as a player either, but lets not get stupid here

would somebody please try and lighten up on this forum, was making a joke regarding Baros. Anyone who took what i said serious needs to take a look at themselves!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Have kind of followed Richie's career for a while and was doing great on a loan on Coventry and then went back to the Pool even thou they wanted to sign him.....can see someone like Southampton if Harry stays picking him up!!

the only reason he didnt sign with coventry after the loan deal was they hit financial crisis. the deal was almost done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Big Nelly wrote:
    can see someone like Southampton if Harry stays picking him up!!

Whys that? Good player, plagued by injuries, hope he makes a comeback because he is definitely good enough to make it. Shels wouldn't be a good move for us or for Richie, we have too many wingers already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I know much of Richie P in his days before anfield. Richie played for Stella Maris with my cousin Paul O Mara. The pair were signed to liverpool along with others. Unfortunatly at the point where my cousin was getting close to first team action Riise was signed.

Richie was an excellent player, really good, and would be much better then the wingers there now if given a chance. But it is a pure evident case of managers just buying "established" players. Its stupid imo and I cant wait for the new ruling to come in with the forcefulness of having to have certain british or irish players in squads.

I feel bad for Richie cause he was class, and injury and lack of confidence from managers brought his game down. He needs to drop down to come back up.

Advertisement