Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bb in rural

• 13-05-2005 5:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭

sorry but erciom said that they were updating the exchange in claregalway co.galway in march but it is know may.just wondering does anyone know when it will be available.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

sorry but erciom said that they were updating the exchange in claregalway co.galway in march but it is know may.just wondering does anyone know when it will be available.

Yes, that anyone would be eircom ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

so does anyone when it will be done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

so does anyone when it will be done

Yes, that anyone would be eircom ;-) too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Blaster99

If Eircom said May would it be reasonable to expect that's the best information that's available? There's user called "gombin" on boards who works for Eircom who usually has a handle on these things, but I suspect he doesn't know any more than whoever you spoke to in Eircom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

but when i ring them i am wating like 25minutes so i just hang up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭puma5k

The Claregalway exchange has a huge amount of users on it and they would be spread out over copper wire stretching more then 6Km. ADSL has trouble working on this length.
    I am on the Oranmore Exchange which has been updated for the last 2 years or more and my line still fails! because it's too far from the exchange, So i gave up on that and gone Wireless. it beats the hell out of ADSL! and has nothing to do with eircom so I'm moving to VoIP and porting my existing eircom number to blueface.ie that means no line rental and cheaper calls!

The wireless also offers symmetrical services, that's your download is the same as your upload.

It's not worth going for ADSL as Smart Telecoms roll out keeps getting delayed.
    Also it's better to go for a broabadn service the does not relay on your phone line and VoIP is the way to go for your phone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

by end June sez Eircom , only 35% of lines will pass as Claregalway lines are split to puck ! contact local politico Val someone to unsplit .

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

Puma5K

Do you have irish broadband wireless? or what sort of wireless do you have in oranmore...

I am moving to ashbrook in a few months besides the Oranmore lodge and really want to get out of renting the eircom line.

Does IBB reach out to oranmore from town?

I would be V interested in what you use

no LOS, IBB are in Ballybrit on a tower and you are too low with Doughiska in the way . Try http://www.com1.ie/ from Tonabrocky

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭dwayneburke

well i def have a LOS to tonabrocky (old MMDS aerial on house) but wont i be too far for that? I heard it only goes around 5 miles but could be wrong

Do COM1 have any prices?? def worth checking out if they are availible in Galway

• Advertisement

Puma5K

Do you have irish broadband wireless? or what sort of wireless do you have in oranmore...

I am moving to ashbrook in a few months besides the Oranmore lodge and really want to get out of renting the eircom line.

Does IBB reach out to oranmore from town?

I would be V interested in what you use

Tonabrocky has not gone live yet. They are stuck bringing a fibre line to the site. But it would be too far from Oranmore to receive a signal. you need to be about 6km to 9km from the Ballybane mast to receive the IBB Breeze. They will be soon going 360Degrees of coverage around the mast. If your house is at a high point your may be able to get Wireless. Com1 is the same way here but more expensive!

PM me and I can email you a picture of the mast as your have to be able to see at lest the top half of it.

I have the IBB 2Mbit breeze and it’s unreal! Going for blueface.ie for VoIP. Good bye Eircom!!

puma5k wrote:
    They are stuck bringing a fibre line to the site.

????

Could you tell IBB to use wireless instead , fibre me arse ????

Sponge Bob wrote:
    ????

Could you tell IBB to use wireless instead , fibre me arse ????

A Fibre Optic Backbone. You’re talking about 2Gbits! of bandwidth here.
    It’s run by a separate company IBB only buy bandwidth off them.

Advertisement